Slow, very slow.

by Blueblades 17 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Slow, very slow, any day now. My computer works very well on all other sites. When I come to this JWD Forum, it takes a long time, very slow for the pages to come up.

Is this happening to anyone else? No matter what time of the day or night, weekdays or weekends when I come to this site the pages take a few minutes to show up. I even started to read a book while waiting for the site to pop up.

This is why I having been able to contribute to many of you who have made some interesting topics. Is there any way that I can correct this? As I said, all other sites are working good.

Blueblades

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

I have the same problem from time to time blueblades. Like you, other sites come up with no problems, but JWD is the only one that seems to be much slower than the rest. Sorry I don't have a solution for you, jut wanted to let you know you are not alone.

BB

• Bourne
    Bourne

I have a high-speed connection so I know that THAT is not the problem, although it goes out from time to time...but that's another story.

As far as you're computer is concerned, you might Ctrl, Alt, Del (If using a PC), and close any "silently" running apps. Another thing I ALWAYS do is close

down ALL icons I have showing in the lower right corner on my screen. As I have quite a few on my computer, after firing it up from a cold start, I HAVE to

do this...or my computer bogs down big time. That said, I myself have witnessed problems with this site when others were working fine. I suspect its a server issue.

Sometime when it hangs, just closing that particular window and opening another helps.

Now, assuming I just told you something you already know?.......sorry, that's all I know....

Bourne

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

I haven't had that problem. I don't know enough about computers to give any advice. Sorry.

• sweetface2233
    sweetface2233

Not only is this site terribly slow, no matter if I am at home or at work, but don't try editing a post. The screen completely locks up and I have to reboot. Only on this site. I don't understand the issues.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

I think a lot of people visit the site but don't post - huge traffic would slow things down, I think. Sometimes when a page won't load I click stop and then click on the link again.

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Thanks for all your responses. Bourne, I think that it might be a server issue also. But, why now? I been on this site for almost six years and never ran up against this before. I'll try ctrl, alt, del. I 'll return back and let you know, slowly. Hoping someone can stop this from happening.

Blueblades

• heathen
    heathen

yep, happens to me all the time , I also notice that whenever you try to reply it could take awhile if other posters are replying to the same thread at the same time.

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Funny as it is I was just going to start a thread about this very same issue.

I have noticed that this site has gotten quite a bit slower in the past few weeks and I'm also on a high speed inter-net service

with a high end computer.

It appears where and what company is hosting this site , their servers need to be updated with something faster with better hardware.

The problem could be resolved in doing so but that of course takes money and since Simon does not have this site linked to a donation program

it would have to come directly from his own wallet.

With the many of people that use this site a $10 or $20 donation each could easily resolve things I'm sure

I would certainly contribute if that was the case

• Aphrodite
    Aphrodite

I get lots of error messages, especially yesterday.

Simon should start a paypal donation account.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit