Jimi Hendrix - Your Favorite Songs and Albums from Him ?

by flipper 22 Replies latest jw friends

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Axis: Bold As Love PhotoAxis Bold As Love. This LP is amazing and it's musically tight. I loved Wait Til Tomorrow. I also love One Rainy Wish. Most anything Jimi did was pure magic. I heard a DJ say about him one day, "He took on white music and won."

• karter
    karter

I'd love to hear Jimi do a version of "Keep your eyes on the prize".

• flipper
    flipper

EL KABONG- Red House - great bluesy song !

HOPE 4 OTHERS- Hey Joe, All Along the Watchtower, really great songs !

MOMZCRAZY- Foxy Lady, Gypsy Eyes , loved the guitar riffs in those two !

NOMOREGUILT- Actually , I was rocking with Jimmy at age 13 in 1972 to 1973 ! LOL! I started collecting record albums at 13. Hey Joe - great song !

JAGUAR BASS- You got me Floating ! Cool.

PIONEER SPIT- Waterfall, great song !

DOC BOB- " Third Stone From the Sun " . Cool ! He certainly was a musical genius !

RAPUNZEL- I really liked Red House too !

FLYING HIGH NOW - Axis Bold as Love was a great album ! Lots of good songs !

KARTER- I think Hendrix would have spiced up " Keep Your Eyes on the Prize " ! LOL! At least, a lot more than the Watchtower orchestra ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• El Kabong
    El Kabong

I love Jimi's version of Like a Rolling Stone.

• flipper
    flipper

EL KABONG- I bet he did a better version of " Like a Rolling Stone " than Bob Dylan did , just like he tremendously improved " All Along the Watchtower ". Can you tell, I'm not a big Bob Dylan fan ?? Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• LennyinBluemont
    LennyinBluemont

Pre-JW I was a Hendrix afficianado. I had all albums, US and UK. I have listened to all of his albums, so many times. Yeah, Red House is a great. But if I had to choose an all-time example of his guitar prowess and genius, it would have to be Voodoo Chile - Slight Return, from Electric Ladyland. Tied for favorite album is Band of Gypsys. Stevie Ray Vaughn was so taken with Voodoo Chile - Slight Return, that he actually learned it and performed it, which is amazing in itself, if not totally blasphemous. But I grant Stevie total absolution as he was practically in Hendrix's class. As far as I'm concerned, nobody, including Clapton, touches Hendrix. Clapton himself was totally freaked out when he saw Hendrix perform the first time. He kept saying, "How the F*** is he doin' that?????"

• real one
    real one

Voodoo Child

• flipper
    flipper

LENNY in BLUEMONT - That is interesting what you said Clapton said ! Hilarious ! I heard a story as well that when Les Paul saw Jimi perform he made the statement, " Is the man insane ? " Something like that. I agree that Stevie Ray Vaughn was in the same class as Hendrix . Actually my top 3 favorites were Jimmy Page, Stevie Ray , and Hendrix. They were great !

REAL ONE - Voodoo Chile - great song ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• deeskis
    deeskis

So many greats.........

Here's one of my fav's, covered magically by The Corrs (my band has a go at it, but can't compete!!)

Little Wing....... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5rVgxmekeM

• flipper
    flipper

DEESKIS- Great u-tube. Little Wing was a great song by Hendrix ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit