The Great Kingdom Melody Theft Scandal!

by slimboyfat 18 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• avishai
    avishai

Well, they obviously ripped off "Someday my prince will come" Guess which song? http://youtube.com/watch?v=KHYkRGUfcVE

• avishai
    avishai

bttt

• White Dove
    White Dove

You mean the one Snow White sang? I always hated that song. Now I know why. It seemed too familiar and reminded me of that irritatingly bored feeling I always got at the hall, only at the time I heard Snow White sing it, I was at home trying to enjoy a good movie. WTS sure can wreck our fun times even when we aren't at the meetings.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

It wouldn't surprise me any to find that many, if not most, of the Kingdumb Maladies were in fact plagiarazed. Some were copied off of classical or late romantic-period music. None are in a popular style, such as one might find in modern jazz, rock, soul, blues, or dance music today. That makes it all the more likely that they swiped songs, hoping that no one would notice.

At any rate, they are all pxxx poor renditions. They had the crappiest lyrics added to mediocre music. It is doubtful that any pop artist would swipe the Kingdumb Maladies, since any record that is that poorly composed would sell zero copies, and if they swipe the Kingdumb Maladies, they copy the biggest problem with the sxxx.

• sacolton
    sacolton

Has anyone heard the Prince version of "Life Without End At Last"? It's really funky. Love it!

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

There's several songs that the writers of the KM's ripped off. Everyone knows the theme to Looney tunes. And was the other America the Beautiful or the star spangled banner?

• justhuman
    justhuman

Strange isn't it...WT stealing music from a Rock Band?

Maybe Freddie had to do with JW's? A Bible study maybe? I'm not sure but there are Queen's songs that they are showing JW influence, like the song "It's a kind of magic" that says about a day would last a 1000 years, and "Innuendo" about false religions and supperstition...

Does anyone have a clue if Freddie or any other members of the band had anything to do with JW's?

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

This is no scandal. It is a fact also stated by the WBTS that the melody of some of the Kingdom Songs, the text of some of them, and in some cases both - are made by others and used by the JW community. The last song book was the first made where melodies and texts were made by JWs only, and this was stated when it was published. So don't try to make a scandal out of something which definitely is NOT one.

• triplestrength
    triplestrength

So it's a FACT then, stated by them?

Well that's OK as they always tell the truth and their FACT's are without dispute.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit