What is the Russell book with detailed pyramid drawings on first pages?

by oompa 11 Replies latest watchtower bible

• zeroday
    zeroday

Studies in the Scriptures volume 1 "Divine Plan of the Ages"...

• jefferywhat
    jefferywhat

I think its the studies in the scriptures, my congregation library has al of his books.

Brought up at a BBQ that CTR got 1914 from pyramids and got into a debate with a couple of MTS boys, when i showed them the books in the hall they shut up.

Also successfully argued that we cant know for sure if CTR was FDS because he was dead before the inspection.

Useless points I know but still fun.

• Gopher
  • Gopher
  • oompa
    oompa

Nice book Gopher! But I remember ours being thinner and brown cover, so it may be the Studies in The Scriptures...and I dont recall the fold out, just dual pages, but could be mistaken. It was a pretty heated scene with the poor elder saying "oompa, I don't think I like where you are going with this!" He did not even know we had the crap in the library, and it would not surprise me if they trashed it.

Jefferywhat---what color is the cover of the book you cited? and:

Jefferywhat: Also successfully argued that we cant know for sure if CTR was FDS because he was dead before the inspection.

I am afraid that argument wins with all the FDS! It aint like they change color or get a tounge of fire over their head when they drink the wine. But the inspection has nothing to do with identifying individual or groups of FDS....just cant be proven. Plus, WT teached FDS started in 33ce in the upper room and have been with mankind is some manner through the ages...so Pyamid Taze could have been one, and just didnt know it, just like he did not see Jesus come in 1874, or 1914, or the world end then, or fly up in the rapture..............oompa

• cabasilas
    cabasilas

Volume 3 of Studies in the Scriptures ("Thy Kingdom Come") has an entire section on the Great Pyramid, which Russell ironically called "Jehovah's 'Witness'" on page 320. You can download a copy of this book from:

http://www.archive.org/details/studiesinthescri03unknuoft

See also:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eschatology_of_Jehovah's_Witnesses#Great_Pyramid_of_Giza_1876-1928

for more info.

• Layla33
    Layla33

Not to be mean, but when I read this stuff, I can't believe JWs actually don't realize what their faith is based on. It is based ON THE OCCULT and based on MYSTICISM, the entire belief system is from one man's interest in mysticism and predicting dates. They still do it and pretend it's not true.

• badboy
    badboy

SO THE NAME JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES COMES ROM A PYRAMIDDIOT'S BOOK!

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Two things about this I find really funny:

1. CTR didn't actually go to the pyramid and make the measurements that gave him 1914 - the took a drawing of the pyramid and measured it, then interpolated his measurements of the drawing to the actual dimensions of the Great Pyramid.

It's like he was going, "OK, on the drawing this segment is 11/32 of an inch, and if the base of the pyramid is 3,000 feet and equals 5 7/16 inches on the drawing, then the 11/32 inches equals "X" number of "pyramid inches," and applying the principle of "an inch for a year, I get... 1914!"

2. Most amazing is that the Chuck Russell Fan Club (today's Bible Students) still believe this stuff! Suddenly Mormonism and Scientology seem almost reasonable.

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Isn't strange and perhaps a coincidence that whenever someone tries to sell something that all of a sudden there appears to be

a cockamamie idea in support of that sale ............ummmmmm

C.T. Russell's salesmanship is quite obvious to me, after all he was a professional salesman as we know

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit