Watchtower Flip-Flops Make Silent History

by Fatfreek 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Fatfreek
    Fatfreek

oops! The Frame would not show properly. I'll have to go to plan B -- and I don't know what that is. Len

• Fatfreek
    Fatfreek

The following essay is loosely based upon the many contributions to this forum thread . It is by no means redundant. For one thing, I felt the cluster of 3 changes during 1988 and 1989 were significant enough to underscore, not allowing them to be easily forgotten. For another, the 1967 date and quotation referenced in that thread are, in my opinion, not fair and honest criticism.

To help understand that issue, a quotation from that source follows: w67 7/1 p. 409: How will these, having been caught, be disposed of? Will they be preserved alive? Will they be killed and buried in Hades or Sheol, which is the common grave of dead mankind, from which resurrection is possible? No, these political organizations are slated to be “hurled into the fiery lake that burns with sulphur.” This the Bible describes as the “second death.” (Rev. 20:14) It means the death from which there is no resurrection. They will be burned up root and branch, as completely gone forever as the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah, which Jehovah God burned up by a rain of fire and sulphur from heaven, never to be rebuilt. It is destruction in Gehenna in which God destroys both body and soul (any right or possibility of living).—Matt. 10:28; Gen. 19:23-29; 2 Pet. 2:6-9; Jude 7.

The article was clearly discussing Watchtower's symbolic entities, the “wild beast” and the “false prophet”, and their collective destiny. As respects Sodom and Gomorrah, it was their cities not to be rebuilt. To be fair, Watchtower was not referring to the resurrection potential of its ancient people.

Subsequent removal of that 1967 article from our list of flip-flops made it necessary to also subtract either the 1965 Watchtower or the 1974 Awake. I arbitrarily chose to withdraw the Watchtower quotation.

I also felt the somewhat harsh topic of flip-flops could be better introduced with some experience of discovery – my own -- during the 1960’s.

Finally, I thought I would provide two ways to check out the essay, this link and an embedded frame which you will not see below. My web skills are too poor for the latter.

Some JWD user suggested, for us Firefox users, some code to embed a frame. I tried the following but you'll see that I don't have something correct.

<IFRAME src="http://users.oeccwildblue.com/millerlr/PivotalYear1988SodomGomorrah.pdf/" width="100%" height=400></IFRAME>

Len Miller.

• Fatfreek
    Fatfreek

Sorry if I didn't make it clear in my prior post. The 7 page essay is here .

Len

• V
    V
  • oompa
    oompa

tag

• Fatfreek
    Fatfreek

Many thanks to our friend V who made the frame possible.

Len

• Poztate
    Poztate

Hey V.....Thanks for the embed and WT comments. I can just see the WTBTS cringing from all the Internet Attacks they have had recently.

Keep up the good work and one day the WT will just be a footnote in the pages of history.

• monophonic
    monophonic

great article, thanks.

• carla
  • Fatfreek
    Fatfreek

And thanks for the compliments Oompa, Poztate, Mono, and Carla. It makes the effort all worthwhile.

Len

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit