Christians: Do You Uphold the Sabbath Law?

by serotonin_wraith 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Zico
    Zico

Where I live, hardly anybody's allowed to opens their shops on a Sunday anyway!

Sero:

"In context, isn't the scripture talking about those whose faith is weak not obeying all the laws? See also Romans 14:1-4."

I re-read the whole of Romans 14, and whilst he mentioned people 'weak' in faith, I couldn't see the idea that Paul was only applying Romans 14:5 to letting those 'weak' in faith off observing the Sabbath? Could you expand on how you came to this view?

"If you're right"

What do you mean if I'm right? I was sharing Paul's opinion.

"would you say you follow the nine commandments, or are there others you don't have to follow too?"

Just the 2 laws. (Matt. 22:37-39)

"I would have thought God would have made his word so much easier to understand than this."

I find this statement interesting, what makes you think this?

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

s_w

Are you down to fllowing nine commandments too?

You were a JW how long? Yet you still think you could keep the law?

I'm down to two.

Mat 22:36

"Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?" 37 Jesus replied: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself. Mat 22:40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments."

And I can't keep these. It is only by faith in Christ, that I find Sabbath-rest with God.

If keeping the law could make me a Christian, then Moses would be my savior.

I have no desire to become a Christian, but if I did, I don't have a clue where I'd start! One mistake could mean the difference between heaven and hell. I would have thought God would have made his word so much easier to understand than this.

One sin (mistake) did mean the difference between heaven and hell, for most. Perfect obedience by one man made the difference for many others.

Romans 5:12

Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned: 13 (For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law. 14 Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come. 15But not as the offence, so also is the free gift. For if through the offence of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many.

You don't need to understand the whole bible, simply trust Christ.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit