I am happy.

by Bobbi 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Barbie Doll
    Barbie Doll

I am happy for you.

• Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit
    Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit

Sweet. Thanks for a great post. Much to be thankful for!

• Carmel
    Carmel

Indeed! Reaching out to help others is the best way of healing our own selves! You are your greatest blessing! I commend you! carmel

• oompa
    oompa

Bobbi, when I first read your subject line, I was pretty sure you had posted at the wrong site! Then I remembered I am finally getting happier again. So I found your post very, very, encouraging....................good luck...............................oompa

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

It is so much better that you don't have to worry about rushing home after work or getting up early every day to spend the whole day racing out in field circus. You are supposed to, as a witless, be spending all your time out there searching for people that might be of interest, braving anything and everything from bad weather, poorly maintained steps, traffic, and householders with vicious dogs to get this done. And then, you are supposed to say, in the words of the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger, what they want you to say that month.

Those boasting sessions also get in the way of life (they were designed to). I hated having to take Tuesday and Thursday evenings off, and then be expected to go out in field circus the next day because they knew I had the preceding night off. I also hated rushing home from work just to get out in field circus, only to have the hounders tell me that if I could do that once a month, I had to start doing it every day (also, staying out way past time). The boasting sessions themselves are disruptive to the sleep of anyone that has to work odd hours (which is most of the congregation).

• Kinjiro
    Kinjiro

You made me smile... there we were, all the time preaching and slaving and trying to convince others about the future, while forgetting and ignoring the present...

Eternal life? right there sitting in your lap... bouncing and smiling...

It was there all along... I do exactly the same with my grandson.. its the closest I've felt to God ever!

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

Stacey,

Wonderful post! Keep it up!

It's much better to look for the 'positives' in life - than the 'negatives'. One will be much happier (and healthier) for doing so.

Regards,

Jim TX

• Bobbi
    Bobbi

Tomorrow is my oldest sons 8th birthday. I spent the morning getting party favors and picking out
    just the right cake for my boy who is growing up so fast. He invited some classmates to his party.

Every morning this week he reminded me that his birthday was coming up soon.

I rejoice in the knowledge that he will never have to hide his secret desires to be like the "normal"
    kids at school. Our house is so much busier now, and I believe our children will grow up to very
    happy well adjusted men with a very tolerant out look on life.

There is so much more laughter in our lives now. All the pain and uncertainty pale when held up to the
    light of joy and happiness.

I hope everyone here has happiness in their lives and I hope we all keep learning how to make others
    happy. The selfishness of the society is something that is very hard to unlearn.

Stacey

• Gayle
    Gayle

Isn't it wonderful to have freedom to give "unconditional love" to our children and grandchildren & others! Something we never heard growing up. Our love affects the next generation more than anything else.

• Open mind
    Open mind

Glad to hear this positive update Stacey.

How's Para doing? Please give him my regards.

His posts, and now yours, have been very helpful to me.

Life is for LIVING!!

Keep it up!

OM

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit