thought of birthday rebutal

by atpeace 11 Replies latest jw friends

• MOG
    MOG

The birth of Christ was not like baby gifts, this was major gift giving AFTER birth, so its not a baby shower to begin with..it sounds a little to eery to me like a birthday..a good point you made is anniversaries..are there any anniversaries of wife and husband in the bible?? could be..im just curious

• AlyMC
    AlyMC

I use the Samson example as well. Also Job 1:4 and 5 where it discusses jobs children honoring their own day and Job sacrificing for them according to their year. The hebrew word YOHM (if I remember right) is only used three times. Gen 40:20, Job 1:4, and Job 3:1. The first and last clearly indicate that the day referred to is the day of one's birth... but in 1:4 they use "his own day" or something similar (it has been awhile and I'm rusty).

IOW, they specifically try and hide that birthday occurrence because nothing bad happens to support their claims.

At this point the JW will undoubtedly go into pagan origins or honoring one person above another. For which I have other scriptures prepared.(honoring a person above others: Gen 21:8- Isaac's weaning celebration. Pagan origins: John 19:40- jesus' body being mummified which was culturally normal and of pagan origin, baptism acknowledged as pagan origin in 4/1/93 watchtower)

Then they change the subject and tell me that it is not my place to question the FDS and that if I'm right they will have new light about it when Jehovah wants to.

To which I'm completely empty... (I had this conversation SO many times though when people discovered we were celebrating birthdays)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit