Life Cereal

by jamiebowers 22 Replies latest watchtower bible

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Does anyone remember the ban on Life Cereal, because it was supposed to contain blood? I've ben disfellowshipped for more than 20 years, so it's been quite a while since I heard this. Did anyone hear this? Do JW's stil believe it?

• Gopher
    Gopher

I never heard that one. That's really really weird.

I think we had Life cereal at our very-JW house in the early 1970's.

• cognac
    cognac
    Does anyone remember the ban on Life Cereal, because it was supposed to contain blood? I've ben disfellowshipped for more than 20 years, so it's been quite a while since I heard this. Did anyone hear this? Do JW's stil believe it?

Wow, that would be nuts...

• Gopher
    Gopher

No, I don't think Life Cereal had nuts.

We heard JW's say "Life is in the blood." The question is, "Is blood in the Life"?

• journey-on
    journey-on

It probably contained lecithin if this is true. I vaguely remember lecithin was thought to contain blood, so anything

containing it was to be avoided.

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others
    I vaguely remember lecithin was thought to contain blood

That's an interesting comment, I kinda think that might have been so. Something to look up. Just another one of those

crazy WT no no's...

Hope4Others

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

It probably contained lecithin if this is true. I vaguely remember lecithin was thought to contain blood, so anything

containing it was to be avoided.

I was surprised when I first heard about this because my mom, when she first started studying with the JWs in 1975, started taking lecithin supplements. The JWs told her it would improve her memory. W

• DT
    DT

I remember a book study when we were asked to comment on local products that might contain blood. People went on and on talking about all sorts of rumors they heard. I recall chocolate ice cream and postage stamps were mentioned.

• MOG
    MOG

I remember I couldnt watch smurfs because they were demons..oh and any colgate products we did not buy (I think it was colgate) because the owner of the company made a pact with the devil supposedly...there was some emblem with a moon on the products at one time..

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw
    oh and any colgate products we did not buy (I think it was colgate) because the owner of the company made a pact with the devil supposedly

I think this was the Proctor & Gamble products rumor.

nj

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit