Did you get tired of waiting for Armageddon

by karter 15 Replies latest jw experiences

• Meeting Junkie No More
    Meeting Junkie No More

Long Hair Gal

Amen to everything you say! Unfortunately, I was more or less raised in this religion, so didn't even have much of a normal childhood. When I was raising my child, I had a difficult time instilling the Armageddon fear and maybe that was actually the start of a semi-awakening, that unfortunately took far too long to bear fruit! It was only through God's providence that we even had a child, because we were of the mindset "not in this sytem". When I look back at that, I thank God again for the miracle of unplanned pregnancy! Even with my efforts at not instilling too much of an Armageddon fear, my child has confided that they got plenty of that just from the meetings alone, to the point of sleepless nights, which they never told me about and suffered through silently ... wow, was that an eye-opener to me about how this religion can mentally wreak havoc on a child's mind. The slow beginning of the end for us...

So, yeah, we got TIRED with a capital T of waiting for Armageddon. All the hoopla and continued harping on about it won't bring it one iota closer and frankly, I couldn't give a damn!

You would think from the Witnesses' constant Armageddon yammering that the whole point of the Bible is Armageddon preparedness - yech! But they must be wising up to the fact that this is counter-productive because in a recent Kingdom Misery, I chanced to read that the latest 'suggestions' for the field ministry were not to go on too long about Armageddon and current world conditions...DO YA THINK??

Heaven help them!

• Budda
    Budda

I was never a JW but I was wondering does the whole Armageddon thing give people comfort so that they do not have to do anything for a productive future because it is all in gods hands? Or is Armageddon the gun to your head making you work harder and worry more that you are not doing all you can do for THE WATCH TOWER and your future in paradise?

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

You apostates will be sorry when Armagedon comes next week!...........Jehovah told me in a dream.

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

I suppose I would be hanging on the edge of my seat - but then I realized that I was already living the life I would be in any case, so let it come...!

• flipper
    flipper

KARTER- Good thread question ! Yes, as a matter of fact - I did get very tired of waiting ! I was born into the witness cult in 1959 and never dreamed that on February 21st, 2008 I would be answering a thread on an anti-witness website at age 48 years old , 4 years out of the witnesses talking about it ! That is almost as amazing to me as armageddon never coming ! LOL! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• dinah
    dinah

I'm bout half past tired.

I spent half of my life so far waiting for something that probably won't happen in my lifetime. Remember I wasn't supposed to even start school in this wicked old system. I'm 39!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit