Asked a deep question to my father last night

by Alex Delta 25 Replies latest jw friends

• AlyMC
    AlyMC

I thought a DF'd person had "turned against Jehovah" and was "in Gehenna" according to JW doctrine, so would their sins really be forgiven at death? I thought it was up in the air and nobody could know for sure, but that one would lean towards thinking the person had died a final death because they committed the ultimate sin of "knowing Jehovah" and turning against him. of course, I never did pay as good attention as I should- but I know it was explained to me that way when I was counseled for association with DF'd people.

I actually think the only part that went over the top was having the secretary say that to them... everything else I thought was fair game. And I hope it does make them think.

I agree it is a mind control cult, but honestly it isn't something I will ever get. I don't care what anyone told me, I wouldn't abandon my kids. Perhaps because I was abandoned as a kid (age 4/5) by my mother and didn't know her again until my adult life. There is no excuse for cutting off your kid in my perspective.

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

ALWAYS ALWAYS answer your phone. Not answering a phone from a relaitve causes anxiety that is unbelievably painful. Let me tell you about my experience.

My mom was very sick and it was her twilight time. I always phoned her at least once a week. But she no longer answered her phone. She hid the phone in her closet and covered it with pillows. So when I phoned, I got no answer. So naturally panic settled in and another trip to her place was in order. It got so bad she eventually refused to open the door.

So on that fateful Saturday morning, I actually got a call from her neighbour complaining about a bad odor. I tried to phone, but once again, no response. So another trip to the condo.

Now just as the elevator door opened, the shock of the stench went through me like a knife. At that point I knew it was all over. She passed away shortly after my last visit and died alone.

So settle the issue, and ALWAYS answer the phone.

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

It is a perfect example of how the WTBTS treat all humans as disposable!

It is a perfect example of how the WTBTS perform surgically incisive cuts to family love!

It is the perfect example of how they hold everyone hostage to their puppet strings!

They have taken control of every family and can pull every string of love in the hearts of those within their walls without mercy!

Oh for a day when someone does that to them! Maybe then they would understand? But I doubt it!

• Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit
    Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit

Yeah yeah, mind control, poor them? No no, poor you, poor me, poor all of us. Someone has told them to shun their children, even in their old age when they might need us, and they said 'ok'. That's called 'having no natural affection'.

It's a fair question. If they count us as dead as we have had to mourn for them as dead, then you have the right to ask that and their assumptions are their own. If you continue to contact them, they'll make it out like you were trying to get attention byt 'threatening to kill yourself'. That's the evil jw mind.

Good job.

• atypical
    atypical

I don't see how it's going too far....

You reached out to them, to give them a chance to show you that they have at least enough love to show up at your funeral if you were to die.

They said no - how can someone feel sorry for them if they think you are dead? By their own words, they wouldn't even pay their respects.

• oompa
    oompa
    AD: I’m in bed trying to get shut eye and just can’t because of this repeating question that I have in my head.

Why have you been wondering about this so? Your next sentence said you already knew the answer. So did it make you feel better to hear your dad stammer around and not want to say it? I want to wake up your parents and get them the hell out of this cult and remind them that you are their own son, their flesh and blood, and that it is not possible that any loving entity would ever want to separate a family....a miraculous thing in its own right............You owe them nothing right now....they could easily tell the girl at work was in on your feelings on the matter. I do not know how far away they live...but until they crawl up your walk to your front door....you owe nothing anymore.........oompa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit