Faithful and Discreet Servant

by erik 14 Replies latest jw friends

• erik
    erik

I came across a scripture in Isaiah 43:10-12 recently and noticed it mentioned the Israelites as both WITNESSES and also called them a SERVANT. Does the Governing body then have reason to make reference to themselves as a SERVANT, since the Israelites as a group were mentioned as a SERVANT.

I would appreciate your thoughts on this.

• Englishman
    Englishman

Erik,

I can only say that there is absolutely no connection between the Parable of the FDS and the 144,000.

The 2 subjects are just not connected.

Englishman.

Nostalgia isn't what it used to be....

• Trevor Scott
    Trevor Scott
    Does the Governing body then have reason to make reference to themselves as a SERVANT

Hmmm, after reading these verses, I am inclined to say YES:

But suppose that servant is wicked and says to himself, `My master is staying away a long time,' and he then begins to beat his fellow servants and to eat and drink with drunkards. The master of that servant will come on a day when he does not expect him and at an hour he is not aware of. He will cut him to pieces and assign him a place with the hypocrites, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth. (Matt 24:48-51)

TS,

• erik
    erik

How are they eating and drinking with drunkards?

• JanH
    JanH

One word: Rutherford

- Jan
    --
    "Doctor how can you diagnose someone with Obsessive Compulsive Disorder and then act like I had some choice about barging in here right now?" -- As Good As It Gets

• Trevor Scott
    Trevor Scott

Judge Rutherford?

• Trevor Scott
    Trevor Scott

Ok, JanH beat me to the punch. :)

Seriously, though, is the gb the "faithful and discreet slave" just because they say they are? Where's the proof? The fact that the nation of Israel was referred to as God's servant is neither here nor there.

I think to answer the question, you need to determine whether the gb has been faithful and/or discreet. There is no longer any question in my mind. Their place will be with the hypocrites.

TS,

• Trevor Scott
    Trevor Scott

another question for Erik:

According to the wts, the "faithful and discreet slave class" has been in existence for 2000 years. The "slave class" came into existence at pentecost 33, right? So can you point me to them, say between 3 AD and 1800 AD?

In the WT 1/15 83, we see that the Bible teaches "that Jehovah has always guided his servants in an organized way". So where was this organization over the past 2000 years, prior to Russell's "independent" bible study?

TS,

• elke
    elke
    One word: Rutherford

ahhh well, congratutalions jan. i finally wish to publicly grandize you for having long since achieved the platinum level for ignoramuses posssessing double digit brain cell counts. this latest typically anal retentive response ,how shall we say,ventures into territory fools dare tread. propaganda about rutherfords drunkenness are rumors...proven time and again as worthy of the pulp fiction sold on any supermarket checkstand.
    -elke

• cornish
    cornish

It is Jesus who decides who decides who a faithful and discreet slave is and grants a 'Well done'on Judgement day which even the JWs now believe is in the future and has not been happening since 1914 as they believed until recently.
    That being the case it would only be a PRESUMPTOUSE and egotistical slave that would pre empt Christ himself and declare themselves as faithful and discreet and print their self declaration in millions of books and magazines before then.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit