Making money from next Elder's school?

by tooktheredpill 15 Replies latest jw friends

• tooktheredpill
    tooktheredpill

Hello!

Check out this page: http://www.bethelcoachtours.com/ITIN_manhattan_connection.htm

There is a company that is making tour arrangements for the Elders going to the School!!

What do you think of this?

TTRP

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

Corporate capitalism at its best!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

If the company is independent of the Watchtower Society, I see nothing wrong. They see a need, and people are willing to pay money for the service (however, if the Tower is behind this, they are doing a disservice by drumming up the need and then charging for it so people can donate more to the Worldwide Pedophile Defense Fund).

However, I personally view it as a waste of money. I have no use for any tours of Beth Hell or its facilities, since all I really want is to see the religion fall apart. If I had the $1,600 to waste going on tour of Beth Hell, I could buy enough Christmas decorations to bury the Kingdumb Hell in. Then I would entertain myself watching the hounders take them all down about 2 weeks before Christmas, and put the video on YouTube to embarrass them.

Is there anyway to findout who ownes this company. It is more them likely a JW which in and of it's self is fine. However do they have any connection with the leadership of the tower? Or is it owned by the tower or a GB member? Just a thought.

• tooktheredpill
    tooktheredpill

Their website states:

"Bethel Coach Tours is a travel store for Jehovah's Witnesses, their family and friends! We are not sponsored nor operated by the Watchtower Bible & Tract Society". http://www.bethelcoachtours.com/english.htm

What I find interesting is that apparently they work for "Jehovahs witnesses only". And is kind of fishy that Bethel hasn't complained about this company...

What are your thoughts?

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

There are several tour companies and travel agencies owned by wtinesses with ties in Bethel. One company is run by a family with a member as the head of Personnel at Wallkill. As a Bethelite, we would get these somewhat official-looking sheets of paper letting us know of special deals for airlines and hotel nights to make through this travel agency. There definetly is an ethical problem there, looking back. At the time, I thought nothing of it and just dismissed them.

• yknot
    yknot

http://www.bethelcoachtours.com/about_bct.htm

The above link talks about the owners. I would think there is a generous kick-back of some kind that is benefits the WTS directly. Like Dale Baker Olds International Inc and it's site circuit leasing. Remember corporate donations to non-prophets (hee hee) are tax deductable! Everyone gets a piece of the action!

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I love the advertisement on the bottom of the page - "reclaim your brain".

W

• VM44
    VM44

The following PUBLIC data is easily found online for BethelCoachTours.com

WhoIs information concerning: BETHELCOACHTOURS.COM

Registrant:
    Rocky Scrimshire
    1707 Alaska Ave
    Alamogordo, NM 88310
    US

Domain Name: BETHELCOACHTOURS.COM

Administrative Contact, Technical Contact:
    Thomas, vince vince 'at' tiaspeed.com
    Total Internet Access
    P O Box 504
    las cruces, NM 88004
    US
    505 621 5057

Record expires on 16-Jan-2009.
    Record created on 16-Jan-2000.
    Database last updated on 19-Feb-2008 14:46:37 EST.

==============================

AboutUs.org information for BETHELCOACHTOURS.COM

Title
    Welcome to Bethel Coach Tours.com

Description

We offer trips to fellow witnesses that are spiritually encouraging, fun, safe, and affordable.

Address
    209 Canal St
    Alamogordo NM 88310 US

Contact
    SW School of Botanical Medicine, Michael Moore
    hrbmoore 'at' mindsping.com
    +1 520 432 5855

• VM44
    VM44

More PUBLIC information:

RDS Enterprises, Inc.
    DBA Bethel Coach Tours