Opening the Eyes of JWs Wasting Their Lives Away in Prisons Because of...Nothing

by Tempest in a Teacup 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Tempest in a Teacup
    Tempest in a Teacup
    In my opinion, some JWs are actually better off not knowing TTATT. They include:
    ~ Elderly JW parents who let their child die by refusing them a blood transfusion. Such persons would be utterly devastated to know they essentially killed their child for a lie.
    ~ Very sheltered adolescent JWs who are curbing rebellious, self-destructive tendencies, due to Watchtower indoctrination. Such persons are prone to go over-the-top, living very reckless lifestyles of drug abuse and sexual promiscuity once they find out that Watchtower is a lie.

WOW! Can't find words anymore.

Let me revise my statement. It's not that these people don't deserve to know TTATT. It's just that you have to be very careful in how you share TTATT with them and offer them help to counteract the devastating psychological or behavioral ills that may result when the Watchtower mental shackles are taken off.

Alright, this can be a collateral which of course needs attention. But should it stop truth to be told?

I can imagine Ray Franz reasonning this way and not publishing CoC!!!

• prologos
    prologos
    I put two likes on island man's posts. These persons might be in prison not because of specific wt indoctrination, but a deeper felt conviction to abstain from the MAD madness, at the infra- atomic level.
  • Tempest in a Teacup
    Tempest in a Teacup

I put two likes on island man's posts. These persons might be in prison not because of specific wt indoctrination, but a deeper felt conviction to abstain from the MAD madness, at the infra- atomic level.

"MIGHT BE" right? Maybe you'll be in a better position to share likes if you do a little bit of research about the topic first.

I love your madness comment because that can also be used to explain whhy people choose to be jws in the first place.

btw, Thank God for 'likes' :)

• SAHS
    SAHS

“Esse quam videri”: “Why have no members of the Governing Body ever been imprisoned because of their faithful stand for righteousness?”

Well, actually, Franklin (“Judge”) Rutherford, along with seven other Watch Tower executives, were convicted and imprisoned in the summer of 1918 on charges of sedition because of opposing military service in Rutherford’s publications. Unfortunately, however, due to some technicalities, nine months later they were released on bail and the charges ended up being dropped in May of 1920. Too bad the governing body was never charged with crimes against humanity from its blood and shunning policies, which have resulted in many, many needless deaths regarding blood and suicides over shunning!

“Island Man”: “To learn that they’re in prison for a lie could utterly devastate them and lead to a mental breakdown or deep depression resulting in suicide.”

Or, perhaps, hopefully, it could cause the brother or sister to eventually wake up and lead to him or her being motivated enough to seek taking legal action against the Watchtower organization for messing up his or her life by imprisonment and then flip-flopping on their policy regarding alternative military service (such as the case with our own dear Terry Walstrom).

• prologos
    prologos

tempest in the teapot, your insight is amazing, as a matter of fact I did choose to become a witness because of the trauma we went through in Europe, and came from one of the most ravaged city, with mostly civilian casualties, including the horror of the 1945 occupation. The one redeeming feature of the wt stance was their voluntary abstinence from conflict participation, but wt could have softened the blow by later allowing alternate "service".Could teaching TTATT to military objector inmates be good? of course. would it discourage, disappoint hard core pacifists who joint the wt ? no, their wt affiliation just was one more (bad) reason to express their conviction, stance to opt out of the empire/ reich/ worker's paradise building of the world. and

Putin is forcing Europeans to start conscripting again.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit