AWWW, cute little JW

by 5thGeneration 16 Replies latest jw friends

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

This is a matter in which the JW view on things is true.

Elections are a dog and pony show put on to make many people think they have a say in the outcome of how public matters are run.

Who among you who voted in the last 8 years said to yourself that you want someone in office who would squander the nation's wealth and neglect the infrastructure? Who was it that voted with a desire to live in a political climate that includes increased fear and suspicion?

And yet, that is what you got.

It is systemic. Large media companies control and define who is considered a legitimate candidate. They carefully weed out nearly everyone for national office who would bring meaningful change in favor of the greater public.

I can find no fault with JWs staying home on voting day.

• choosing life
    choosing life

Sounds to me like he wants to vote. He definately has opinions on what issues are important and thinks he knows who would make a better president.

It's a shame the witnesses take away a person's right to vote.

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

Interesting.

I admire his courage for speaking out. I don't blame him - he has been brainwashed.

Even in his brain-washed state he made a couple good points.

Politics are very interesting to me, now that I have had my awakening. I never really considered myself a conservative or democrat as a JW, but obviously leaned towards conservatism. I find myself of late competely detatching myself from any partisan viewpoints. I favor what makes sense. Whether or not it comes from someone who is labelled as a conservative or a liberal. It makes absolutely no difference to me.

Freedom of thought is a glorious thing. The journey has only recently begun, and I AM STOKED!

To steal a line from a telecommunications company up in Canada - "The Future is Friendly"

The Oracle

• beksbks
    beksbks
    Who among you who voted in the last 8 years said to yourself that you want someone in office who would squander the nation's wealth and neglect the infrastructure? Who was it that voted with a desire to live in a political climate that includes increased fear and suspicion?

Well, Kurt, I think that would be those who voted the Republican party line. Thinking about little more than that.

Personally, I think it's people just the like the JW's that opt for someone else to do their thinking for whatever reason. If everyone in this country were engaged and informed, we might have better results. It's a privilege, and a responsibility. One that too many are not up to.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Well written article.. it is interesting that he shows an interest in the Election and admits to having political opinions , just not voting. That much is more "worldly" than is normal in J W land. Normally they give a firm "no comment" - then go home and debate it all at length among themselves! But I dare say the elders will forgive him if he gave a "good witness" in the local paper.

My take on this would be, not that he has chosen not to vote, (I still never have) but rather that he is not allowed to vote, not allowed to express his opinions, not allowed to join in class debates, no matter how much he may want to - if he wants to remain at home with his family that is.

That is a scandal and could be picked up by the media..

• buffalosrfree
    buffalosrfree

Voting, I myself have often wondered why i do it, but then if one doesn't vote per se, one is actually voting, they just don't vote physically for the person(s) whom they think may have made a difference, and when upset with whatever particular leader is in power they need to look into the mirror and realize that by not getting involved they actually voted that person in, but their lack of action.

The Society doesn't want us to vote but they want us to vote for them our inactivity shows we are voting for them, you know the window washers, the nerdowells, the pipsqueaks with power, those are ones they are voting for. They want people to do all of their thinking for them, make all the decisions, that way they think they won't be responsible for their own outcome as citizens.

They don't realize imo that Jesus when he mentioned that his kingdom was no part of the world was actually talking about a real life kingdom that had an infrastructure, army, lanes, roads, that was the kind of kingdom he was speaking that they were no part of. An actual kingdom would have an army etc to defend it or at least try. Jdubs have used this nonsense as an excuse to not get involved in helping their fellow man, the country, city, state, neighborhood, local hospita etc., etc.

• AlyMC
    AlyMC

When I was a teen some of the brothers I knew wore hemp necklaces that can't be taken off, they were always under their dress shirts at the meetings and I don't think anyone ever said anything to them during other events... of course I never hung with the real spiritual crowd.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit