Happy Family Day to Canadians!

by fjtoth 20 Replies latest social family

• fjtoth
    fjtoth

This is a new holiday in Canada, and I wonder what "pagan origin" the Watchtower Society will attach to it in order to get JWs to avoid it and to instead spend the day selling books and magazines. If JWs do spend the day in so-called "field service," it will surely draw criticism from their Canadian neighbours who appreciate the anti-workaholic purpose and spirit of the day. Frank

• fjtoth
    fjtoth

Sorry, folks! I don't know what I did wrong, but somehow I messed up this page.

• *summer*
    *summer*

Messed up page or not, the thought was there...thank you

Happy Family Day to all Canadians

• fjtoth
    fjtoth

This is a new holiday in Canada (only celebrated in the provinces of Alberta, Manitoba, Ontario and Saskatchewan), and I wonder what "pagan origin" the Watchtower Society will attach to it in order to get JWs to avoid it and to instead spend the day selling books and magazines.

If JWs do spend the day in so-called "field service," it will surely draw criticism from their Canadian neighbours who appreciate the anti-workaholic purpose and spirit of the day.

Frank

• mouthy
    mouthy

Thanks Frank.... What family do we have left after the WT finished with us???

How are you my friend??? Every thing O.K. now? I see when you started this thread you had a "seniors" moment... I dont have moments any more I have days, weeks, years, ((((HUGS))))

Dont like your new picture though UGH

• fjtoth
    fjtoth

Hi Grace,

Call it a church, call it a network, call it nursing home chums, call it workmates, call it a household, call it birds of a feather, call it JWD, call it a family. Whatever we call it, whoever they are, we all need one.

I'm still on the mend. The doctor says my pains and discomfort should all be gone early in March. The medicine I'm taking is the worst part of it right now, giving me fatigue, nausea, dizziness and headaches on and off. But better days are just ahead.

I hope you're doing well, Grace. Lots of (((((hugs))))) to you too.

I agree about the picture. I tried to change it a few times, but it wouldn't work. I'll try again in a day or two.

Frank

Also, happyPresidentsDay to all you folks in the good ol' USA!

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

I can hear it already..."We are to love our families everyday, so isn't it just like the worlly people to have to flaunt a special day to show love for their family...instead of just doing it on a daily basis like they should. Jehovahs people do not need to have a special day to take time to care and love their family. In fact they love their family and the whole world so much they will be meeting this Saturday for field service at 9:00 am. Any volunteers to take the 4 door convenient car they puchased in accordance with the lords will?"

• fjtoth
    fjtoth
    In fact they love their family and the whole world so much . . .

Ho, ho, ho, ha, ha, ha, hee, hee, hee . . . I think I'm gonna die laughin'.

• JK666
    JK666

Happy Family Day, eh?

JK

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    What family do we have left after the WT finished with us???

Well, I've got my birds. They're my family. I've been watching TV while eating whole wheat waffles with Rocco sitting on my shoulder chewing on my ear. Going out for dinner later with friends.

W

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit