What Belonging to JWD Has Meant To Me

by TooBad TooSad 5 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• TooBad TooSad
    TooBad TooSad

Looking back 30 years I now realize that even when I was an elder that something just did not feel

right about being a JW. I only had one person to talk to about my doubts, who was a former Bethelite.

Some of the stories that he told me about the inner workworkings at Headquarters really shook my

faith and I came to realize that they are just men. He also let me know that he even wrote articles that

appeared in the Watchtower. So much for the teaching that the information in the Watchtower is from

God's lips to minds of the Faithful and Discreet Slave. Now fast forward until a couple of years ago.

Being stuck in this religion due to family ties makes living ones life a little unsettling because of doing

things that you don't want to do. However I have toned back my JW life by leaps and bounds. I have not

gone from door to door for 8 years, but of course I still turn in my bogus hours, which has never been

once questioned. I only go to the Sunday meeting, so I am classified as being week spiritually. It was

not until I came across this site that I really started to feel better about myself because I am able to

express myself to someone without fear of retaliation. It is good to get these things off of ones mind

and heart. Reading all of your posts is one of the hightlites of my day. It is the first thing that I do

every day while I drink my coffee. I look forward to seeing what is going on in your lifes and how you

handle situations that are common to all of us. There is more Truth here than in the pages of the

Watchtower. There is more love here than in any Kingdom Hall. Here I feel like I have real friends

even though I have never met you or know what you look like. I just wanted to let you guys and gals

know this and to say thank you.

TooBad TooSad

• willdabeerman
    willdabeerman

Here Here! You echo my thoughts exactly sir. This place was my first place of feeling better and at ease about the jettison of the cult thinkings also. Without sounding like a witness, this place really is a blessing . THANK YOU SIMON!

• CHILD
    CHILD

This site has been a revelation. I've learned many things, unlearned many wrong teachings and have examined my faith. This was and is my deprogramming.

• real one
    real one

I hope the people on this site understand that just because thw wts are false prophets dosent mean that all they have preached have been lies.

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

Roger that!

I swear I owe my sanity to JWD.

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

This site has really opened my eyes to WT doctrine. How blind I really was.

Thanks I appreciate your story & comments, and everyone elses.

Hope4Other

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit