JW Necklaces

by fjtoth 21 Replies latest watchtower medical

• fjtoth
    fjtoth

London, England

Jehovah's necklaces

17/02/2008

Nurses are calling for Jehovah's Witnesses to wear special bracelets and necklaces so they won't be given "sinful" blood transfusions by mistake.

Most of Britain's 125,000 Witnesses carry pocketsized cards declaring their religious beliefs. But nurses say that in an emergency there may be no time to check a patient's pockets.

The Royal College of Nursing have urged the Watchtower Society, which represents the Witnesses, to ask members to wear the bracelets or necklaces.

The March 1991 Kingdom Ministry contained an insert entitled "Are You Ready to Face a Faith Challenging Medical Situation?" Paragraphs 9 and 10 state the following concerning a "no blood transfusion" card:

"Think what could happen to you if you should arrive in a serious condition at the emergency room of a hospital, unconscious and/or unable to speak for yourself. If you do not have the document with you, and there is no relative or elder yet at the hospital to speak for you, and it is concluded that you 'need blood,' you will likely receive a blood transfusion. Unfortunately, this has happened to some. But when we have the document, it speaks for us, expressing our will.

"That is why a medical document is better than a medical bracelet or necklace. The latter do not explain our Bible-based reasons for our position and do not have signatures verifying what is stated."

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Great. One more embarrassment for the witlesses. It isn't bad enough that they need a No Blood card that can be hidden in one's wallet, and only embarrasses the victim when they pull out the wallet to get a credit card or some cash. But, I can soon see the day when the witlesses are all going to be required to wear the embarrassment necklace 24/7, much as they are the embarrassment badges at Grand Boasting Sessions today. They will use the flimsy excuse that someone might see the embarrassment necklace and join the cult based on that (and they will fake experiences about that, and showcase it).

More likely, the result is that people will see the embarrassment necklace and shun the person. As more pedophile reports start making the mainstream, they are going to start being left out in neighborhoods and schools. They will be harassed any time a child is kidnapped (which is bad enough, but now it will let the real perpetrator get away while they waste time on someone that didn't do that kidnapping). This is going to cause some major problems for the witlesses.

I think I will stick with cross necklaces.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I wear a medic alert bracelet because of my health issues, and there's not much room for printing on it - certainly not enough room for the watchtower society to print all the propaganda it would like. Also, the society likes the idea of having members sign the cards at the BS group each year where the elders and look over their shoulder and police them.

It's more about control than it is about the blood.

W

• brinjen
    brinjen

I remember that article in the KM. There had been a bit of talk in my congregation (and I imagine elsewhere) that the medic alert bracelet / necklace might be a good idea as it's something that hospital staff check for, as opposed to the document. Something along the lines of "No blood, see card" to let them know. I didn't understand why they wouldn't want anyone to wear one, now I do.

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

well some entrepreneurial witness could make a killing here...

better do it quick tho before gb outlaws jw jewellers taking advantage...and local needs items discuss the dangers of competition re who has the best medical emergency id..

and then the gb decide themselves to equalise by mass producing the ids themselves - contribution basis only of course but lets remember bros charge free doesn't mean cost free - and then western jws decide to renew their's every year and send their old ones to africa..(can't send them new stuff cos well ..they might be brothers but they are still african)

• kifoy
    kifoy

When I was a kid, my family bought necklaces with "no blood" inscription on them.
    It looked like one of those tags that soldiers have on them. Flat and rectangular.

My full name and date of birth on one side, and "NO BLOOD" inscription on the back side.

I don't remember how old I was when I got it, or how old I was when i dropped it.

• fjtoth
  • kwr
    kwr

Maybe the JW's should tattoo
    N O B L O O D
    on their foreheads.

• SadElder
    SadElder

This will receive a quick No..No from the Bethel CIA, AKA Service Department. We all know that neck chains or necklaces do not meet the Bethel standard per the Dwelling Together booklet handed out to all incoming Bethelites. This type of dress is directly in imitation of the homosexual lifestyle; whatever that is. In addition Bethelites are not to leave the Bethel homes wearing such things as in-line skates, as these too are woooooorldlyyyyyy; nor are sisters working in areas viewed by the public to wear slacks... modest dresses only must be worn while kneeling down to scrub those toilet floors.

Oh boy here they go again.

• StAnn
    StAnn

A lot of people wear the medical alert necklaces or bracelets. I don't think they would draw any kind of special attention. I don't understand why the GB would be opposed to them being used in conjunction with the blood cards. Someone enlighten me as to why the GB is opposed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit