Paradise

by ItsJustMe 8 Replies latest watchtower bible

• ItsJustMe
    ItsJustMe

How much scriptural evidence is there of a paradise earth in the future?

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Little to none in the manner that the Society teaches.

YERUSALYIM
    "Vanity! It's my favorite sin!"
    [Al Pacino as Satan, in "DEVIL'S ADVOCATE"]

• DIM
    DIM

paradise: sitting at the table drinking coffee, listening to a John Lennon record on a saturday morning.

i'm sick and tired of hearing things from uptight-short-sighted-narrow minded hypocritics. all i want is the truth just gimme some truth - John Lennon

• mindfield
    mindfield

How about "the meek shall inherit the earth"?

Well, that's how the WT interprets it...

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

Paradise:

Sleeping in on Saturday mornings. (NO field service!)
    Seeing cute little kids dressed up at monsters on Halloween.
    Watching a child's face light up at his own birthday party.
    Listening to music on the radio without worrying about demonized beats.
    Watching rated R movies without looking over your shoulder for Sister Know-it-all or Brother Nosy.
    Purchasing a two door car without feeling guilty.
    Talking to another apostate and realizing what a wonderful person they really are.
    Masturbation without the guilt.
    Oral sex without the guilt.

I'm sure I can think of others...

Andi

• RR
    RR

Although the though of living on a paradise earth is not foreign to scripture, I think a better question is, who will inherit the earth? You will not find one scripture in the New Testament that point to living on earth for believers. On the contrary the scriptures tell us that Christians, those who woould follow in the footsteps of Christ do so to reign with him IN heaven, not earth.

The restored earth will be given to restored mankind, who after learning the truth, will be given the opportunity to live on it as it was intended to be, happy and free of sin and death.

What the Society has done is perverted the scriptures. Claiming that the door to heaven is closed and that the number 144,000 has been filled. And that everyone else will have to settle for living on earth, but not without doing what "Christ's brothers" the anointed remnant (in this case the GB) tells you to do.

• JosephAlward
    JosephAlward

RR writes, "the scriptures tell us that Christians, those who would follow in the footsteps of Christ do so to reign with him IN heaven,"

Reign with Jesus in heaven? Are these words intended to be taken literally? If so, can anyone explain what the Bible says heaven is, and where it says it? If it's a place, exactly where is it, and how do you know?

Joseph F. Alward
    "Skeptical Views of Christianity and the Bible"
    http://members.aol.com/jalw/joseph_alward.html

• Bang
    Bang

The kingdom of heaven is in the midst of you, the firmament - the command is have this kingdom within you - Let there be a firmament between the waters above (from Christ) and the waters below (the sea).
    "And He called the firmament Heaven".

Bang

• edward gentry
    edward gentry

paradise?
    In the far distance theres a mountain, a stream of clear
    water pours over a waterfall on its left flank.
    The sun is shinin in a clear azure sky and there is a beautiful
    green field and set in the middle, a table full of every good fruit and vegetables in wicker baskets.
    Men, women and joyous children, all in (oddly as nations no longer exist) national dress, people of all nations, flock to the table all with smiles on their faces and ecstacy in their hearts.
    In the foreground a lamb snuggles up to a lion...

Still triggers your neurons dont it?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit