Are We Living in Critical Times?

by hamilcarr 10 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• hamilcarr
    hamilcarr

In this video Steven Pinker presents a brief history of violence showing evidence that violence has been in decline for long stretches of time and that today we're probably living in the most peaceful time in our species' existence: Critical Times Refuted and Modernity Defended!

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I liked the video hamilcarr , thank you ..I wish the congregation at th K H would listen to it ..For how many years did we drink in gullibly the bad news that we heard about the "last days"?

May I refer also to one of the few threads that I have started?

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/12/137335/1.ashx

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

That's a good video. Thanks for sharing!

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Thanks Hamilcarr good information

The poor JWS unfortunately forbid analytical thought on the information that is presented to them

• RR
    RR
    Are We Living in Critical Times?

Three times a week when attending the Kingdom Hall meetings. Is that critical enough for you?

RR

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

The publishing house has to sell their magazines and literature ........think about it

• real one
    real one

dont be misled the devil wants you to think against what the Bible teaches. he needs company

• hamilcarr
    hamilcarr
    dont be misled the devil wants you to think against what the Bible teaches. he needs company

I don't see your point, real one. Do you mean the devil is making our world a better place to deceive us? That would be another nasty move of JHWH. Do you mean Satan could be right in challenging JHWH's sovereignty? That's not what the Watchtower learns. Explanation needed!

• real one
    real one

no but i see you are listening to a report of peace that does not exist. look around read the paper lately. go to Irac dude get a clue. I didnt even watch the video all the way cause i know a lie when i hear one. If Jesus didnt say it its a lie!

• hamilcarr
    hamilcarr
    If Jesus didnt say it its a lie!

When did Jesus say we are living in critical times right now anno 2008? These are doctrines of men, not of Jesus.

I didnt even watch the video all the way cause i know a lie when i hear one.

This is a very narrow view you know. It's very important you get informed about our age because we get overwhelmed with deceitful information. Pinker's thesis was well-founded, he's a well-respected linguist who did a lot of great research in his domain.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit