Pay attention to yourself and your flock - secret elder book

by MOG 20 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• MOG
    MOG

My Brother inlaw is an Elder and my sister still is a JW. Me and her were talking today and the subject of molestation came up and she agreed that there were a ton of them out there in the congregation..She does fault the people for not taking the LEGAL matter and that the ELDERS can not tell them to do so - I kinda agree and do not (she said she can tell because she isnt an elder but that will weigh some problems on her husband).

What I did enjoy is that my brother in law is a free thinker, there was a story she told me that one of the young sisters - very early teens was manipulated by an elder who was in his 30's to have sexual relations with him..My brother in law was so mad hearing the story, Knowing he can not tell her to seek legal matter, he requested to be removed from the panel, the society had to assign an outside elder to fill in for him - he wrote a letter to the society about his stance on this.. Nothing was done outside that they BOTH got disfellowshipped..

I told my sister about silent lambs and she knows about it but called it an APOSTATE guided..she does NOT agree with the way the GB handles these cases. I even asked her if the society helps people with medical help on these situations where people are effected deeply, she said only sheparding of what she knows...One thing is that my sister told me if this happened to her children , that her and husband are going to bring who ever did it to them into legal matters.

• Open mind
    Open mind

Stilla:

Yes I kept my copy

So does the local BOE think it was "misplaced"? Just curious. OM

• JK666
    JK666

Sure, it is available on the net:

http://www.angelfire.com/mo/flockbook/

JK

• JK666
    JK666

Honesty,

You beat me to it, damn!

JK

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

Wow, this is an amazing resource! Thanks, JK! I saved the link in my Favorites. I took a brief look, and the first couple of paragraphs says a lot, in my humble opinion.

When man rebelled in Eden, Jehovah took prompt action
    (Gen. 3:8-19, 23, 24) Today, elders must handle cases of
    wrongdoing and thus safeguard the spiritual environment of
    the congregation. Hence, they should be well-informed with
    regard to the application of Bible laws and principles.

When you as elders are assigned to care for a judicial
    problem, it is beneficial to take the necessary time to do
    research in the Bible, the Society's publications, and any
    special letters from the Society that may contain information
    applicable to the particular case.

Authority to judge, and decide on people's lives, is a dangerous type of power, especially when these men barely know anything about members of the congregation who they are compelled to judge (which is what happened in my case). They have no idea what is involved, being uneducated window-washers, etc. Not to mention their own FEAR issues, since the elders are also indoctrinated, just as the lay members. I wonder what "special letters" means. Likely letters nullifying scriptures where mercy could be exercised, since the religion is all about FEAR and CONTROL, rather than love and mercy. At least that was my experience with a JC. Sheesh!

ESTEE

• PublishingCult
    PublishingCult

Message me your email and I will send you both the Pay Attention to Yourselves and the Flock book and the newer elders manual, Shepherd the Flock of God 2010 in PDF.

• unchained1963
    unchained1963

HI I AM CARLA AND I AM DISSASOCIATED AND WAS DISFELLOWSHIPED ONCE PRIOR, I COULD NOT FIGURE OUT BEHAVIOR OF THESE COMMITTEES IN TRYING TO RETURN AND THE WAY THEY BEHAVE AND SOMETIMES WHEN GETTING DISFELLOWSHIPED YOU CAN REQUEST A NEW JURY BUT YOUR DOOMED BEFORE YOU MEET THEM.

I AM NOW OUT I HAVE TRIED TO GO BACK FOR TIMES, YOU GET TO THE HALL, NO ONE BOTHERS TO FIND YOU A SEAT, OR GIVE YOU A WATCHTOWER THEY HAVE DIFFERENT ONES FOR PUBLIC AND FLOCK AND IN MY CASE DIDN'T GET TO HAVE A COPY

I SAT THERE, IN HOME TOWN AREAS YOU MIGHT AS WELL QUIT, BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT GOING TO LISTEN ANY HOW

I HAVE A BROTHER N LAW WHO SAID HIS KIDS WERE MOLESTED BY FATHER N LAW AND HE GOT OFF WITH SOCIETY AND POLICE DUE TO COVER UP TO.

• never a jw
    never a jw
    Message me your email and I will send you both the Pay Attention to Yourselves and the Flock book and the newer elders manual, Shepherd the Flock of God 2010 in PDF

How do I PM someone. I need the PDF of the elders book

• bats in the belfry
  • ziddina
    ziddina

That's the earlier version... Anyone have a link to the latest version?? The one that "came out" before the elders got their hands on it??

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit