Does anyone have .....

by Tara 10 Replies latest jw friends

• Tara
    Tara

...a portable washing machine? And if you do, is it quiet and does it do a good job?

I sold my house and moved into a condo almost 2 years ago. I miss my washer and dryer, and am considering buying a portable washer.

• journey-on
    journey-on
    portable washer

I've never heard of one? How is it any different than a regular washer? Is it just a small machine that connects to your kitchen faucet?

• magoo
    magoo

.......tara...investigate the stackable washer/dryer units made especially for apts/condos with limited space. they work pretty good...

magoo

• Tara
    Tara

Journey-on, yes.

Magoo, does the dryer have to be vented to the outside?

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

I am glad some folks here had a good experience with theirs. My folks bought one back in the 1990s and it was awful. MAybe there have been some improvements......

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

Dryer must be vented outside to help prevent deadly mould. It's usually 117 volts, not the wierd 220 plug.

• Tara
    Tara

Worldtraveller, yes, I thought so. I would be happy with just a portable washer, if I knew they were worth the money.

Tiredof the hypocrisy, what was wrong with your parents' machine?

• primitivegenius
    primitivegenius

ok my cousin was living in an apartment without hookups....... and his wife said they were spending massive amounts of money on laundry....... so she talked him into buying a washer dryer combo......... and it was just that. you put the clothes in and the detergent....... hooked it up to your kitchen faucet and then turned the faucet on........ it filled up the washer and when it was done washing it emptyed itself into the sink...... and started spin drying the clothes.......... problem was that bee stard cost them almost 1000 and it only got the clothes MOSTLY dry...... you still needed to hang them up and let them air dry or go to the laundry and put em through a dry cycle...... apparently you could dry two or more loads with one drying cycle in a normal dryer..... but was still damp comeing out of their unit.

they moved.......... tried to sell it to me.............. i passed......... somehow i prefer my underware to be dry. go figure

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

I used a front loader washer/dryer at an apartment we rented for holidays......and destroyed my favourite tracksuit pants!........when I asked the manager about the washer/dryer he seemed embarrased and said I could wash it and hang it on the balcony....considering the $$$$$ I paid I was using the damn dryer....it went for hours and did nothing......rubbish machine! Here all the machines had this problem.

• Honesty
    Honesty

I hear ya primitive genius.

Damp undies give me a rash.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit