Armagedon survivor =If you miss meetings?? Did you have a choice??

by Witness 007 12 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Awake April 2008 p.20 "What does God expect of you?" "......The Bible does not prescribe a set number of hours that we must reserve for worship each week.......does God expect us to live fanatically {is the answer yes!} excluding all activeties from our live except worship? By no means..."

So if we are not "fanatics" can I just go to the Sunday meeting? My mum tells me I won't survive Armagedon if I miss meetings. There may be some anouncement that I miss and I won't be saved???? You'd think someone would ring me if that happens...or would they let me miss out on entering "the Ark" on purpose.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

No, the Bible does not set a quota of time that must be reserved for "sacred things". However, the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger does. They note that there are 168 hours in a week. If anyone spends less than that amount in "sacred service", they will not make it. And, if they do less than perfect quality work, or attempt to use methods that haven't been tried with failure, they will also die. Yes, the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger does expect people to give up their lives and fun, and spend ALL of their time at boasting sessions and out in field circus.

And, if you miss one boasting session, you have disobeyed the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger. Hence, even if you get the announcement online or a phone call, or see it independent of the boasting session, you have already sinned against the Holy Spirit Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger. Hence, there is no salvation even if you get the important announcement. Even if you are sick with a bad cold or a severe migraine, you are not excused from going. Better to go to the boasting session if you are sick with a heart attack, and then die from it, than go to the hospital and miss the boasting session, survive the heart attack with little aftermath, and then have missing that boasting session forever on your record.

• chicken little
    chicken little

I often wondered over the years about attending so many meetings each week. I could find no biblical reason for it. The much abused hebrews 10..24,25 doesnt give any backing. The hebrew christians were getting ready to flee Jerusalem waiting for its destruction so we can understand they would want to keep together. Once they fled Jerusalem we have no further knowledge of what happened to them.

I laugh at times when we are given pictures in the WT that show groups of people with their scrolls looking like they are at the kh for the wt meeting. People back then were poor, poor poor. Many were slaves, they couldnt just pop off for hours on end to meetings. Scrolls were for the rich, although the early christians did pioneer the copying of texts. We are told we need all those meetings to keep us strong spiritually, yet any time for real meditation is filled in with all the other stuff we are supposed to study.

I remember in March or April of last year the last meetings I went to there was a paragraph in Wt that said we should be prepared for meetings in the new system, by being faithful in attending now. SHIT, shit shit i mumbled to my husband....a 1000 years of meetings.! Forget it I am out of here. That was the last meeting I attended.

• willdabeerman
    willdabeerman

007 my mom pulled the exact same horse shit on me with that 'you may miss something' threat/guilt trip whilst growing up. As a matter of fact she told me that exact thing not 2 months ago when I talked to her.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

you most certainly won't be saved!!!! The kingdom (I automatically started typing kingdumb) halls are where you will be kept safe when the great day of Armegeddon is unleashed, and if you are not there you will DIE.....

remember the bit where Rachael had to keep her family in her room in order to survive the distruction of jericho - it's the EXACT same thing.

• civicsi00
    civicsi00

That's funny because I grew up with the same guilt trip about missing an "important" announcement if I didn't go to all the meetings.

If there was such an important announcement, I would think the elders would be the first ones to know in advance...and somehow it would leak out before the actual announcement...

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I`ve watched generations of Jehovah`s Witness`s die.Waiting for the special announcement that might save their live..Bwa-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!!..If that isn`t "Ironic",I don`t know what is!..Coffin......................Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

If there was a special anouncement some old pioneer buddy would give me a call, right!.....not say "die you in-active scum bag!"

• cognac
    cognac
    I remember in March or April of last year the last meetings I went to there was a paragraph in Wt that said we should be prepared for meetings in the new system, by being faithful in attending now. SHIT, shit shit i mumbled to my husband....a 1000 years of meetings.! Forget it I am out of here. That was the last meeting I attended.

Bwahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I must have been sleeping during that paragraph!!!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I am not afraid of missing anything important. If something that big were to break out, I am sure it would be on this board months before even the hounders at the Kingdumb Hells would hear about it. That happened here with the Kool-Aid Puketowers, the Sept 2007 Kingdumb Misery banning independent study, the crackdown on going to college, the oral sex, and now the "valueless things" and renewed crackdowns on staying single or not having children.

I can remember this was exactly what happened in the late 1960s. They were clamping down starting about 1966, and in 1969 they were telling people to not have children, begin selling out, not go to college, start pioneering, and get ready for the imminent Great Tribulation. They pegged it for 1975, which came and went. I am predicting that they are going to shoot for 2014, and now they are pumping up the God machines for the big campaign to prepare for that date. And, it is going to come without anything out of the ordinary.

What might come out is new instructions, rules, and new problems. They did prime the machines to expect new instructions. We have seen the April 2008 Kool-Aid, and can guess fairly well that they are going to tighten up on entertainment, relaxation, fun, college, using independent sources for religious research, sex, money, having children, or getting married. Already they are telling people to quit their full time jobs and pioneer. I can only guess what the May 2008 Kool-Aid is going to feature, and what is going to be mentioned at the Grand Boasting Sessions this year.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit