Headship Rules?

by ThomasCovenant 5 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ThomasCovenant
    ThomasCovenant

Hi

Scenario:

If two elders were to call and ask to speak to my wife with regard to meeting attendance etc, is there anything in the Society's literature that I could use to show that they would have to approach me as the 'head of the household' first and and get my permission?

Thanks

Thomas Covenant

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I would imagine they would use that as the exception, since they are speaking on behalf of the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger (which is supposed to be the head of the head of the householder). That would effectively bypass your headship.

However, they do expect women to take a totally bicameral role. The husband is supposed to make all the decisions, and is not allowed to let the wife think independently. The hounders make all the decisions for the men, and do not let the householders think independently. The hounder-hounders make the decisions for the hounders, all the way up to the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger class. Ultimately, they are the ones that do all the thinking. Everyone else is supposed to take a bicameral role under them.

• chicken little
    chicken little

You cant stop her speaking to the elders alone....she has her own will you know. But after saying that you could express your view as the bibilical head of the household (´no matter if you are a brother, inactive or df´d) that you would like to be present for any such meeting that involved your family.

They may just go around you anyway, but at least you have made your views known.

• megaflower
    megaflower

They play it both ways. If you are not baptized or they feel you are taking the lead then they feel they do not need to ask you. They are there to give spiritual guidance to your wife and that supercedes your position.

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

You can only be the spiritual head of the household if you are "spiritually clean". They will not recognize your spiritual head status if you aren't in good standing in the organization...you may appeal to them on their moral obligations, but they will not heed any religious objections.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Maybe Blondie can find the reference. I am certain that there are some, but when I
    search using the WT Library, they certainly don't provide a ready link to something that
    says "Elders need to respect headship before speaking to a wife of a man."

Anyway, tell the elders that you insist that they NEVER speak to her without you present.
    Make an issue of it, regardless of your status.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit