Thank you, my friends

by Doug Mason 14 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Doug Mason
    Doug Mason

Dear friends,

I would like to say “thank you” for the gratitude expressed for the scans I have been providing.

I had the time to do this while I was sitting at my computer during the hours, days and weeks that I cared for my very sick wife. At the moment, my partner of 46 years lies very ill in hospital, so you will understand that I currently do not have the time to scour the various Threads and Posts. So I am taking this opportunity to say “thanks” for each time you have acknowledged my efforts, small though they be.

I have several reasons for providing the material.

Others are able to cover most if not all of the historical matters pertaining to these religious overlords. I do not have such resources and am genuinely delighted that there are people who give of their talents so freely.

I wanted to provide well researched non-WTS material that pertains to current situation, but having regard to the commercial rights of the authors. Hence I looked at presenting parts from material in my possession that might be about 40 to 50 years “old”.

I want to show any JW that the GB/WTS does not provide genuine scriptural understanding, but is only interested in maintaining its own power base, using any means to achieve it. I want to show JWs that there is any number of people who have a genuine faith in God, despite the way that the GB/WTS paints them.

I wished I could provide the PDF of “Visions of Glory”, but the copyright restriction prevented me doing so. That marvellous account is available at no charge on the www, and any person with a program such as Acrobat Writer (not Reader) is able to convert the HTML to PDF.

I hope that soon I will be able to continue in some way with my responsibilities to my many friends at JWD. I am certain you will understand.

I believe that of the various bits and pieces I provided, by far the most important is “The Cross in the New Testament” by Leon Morris. http://www.filesend.net/download.php?f=3a3390ab1ed9ee0664342365c5d522cc
    This presents the story of Salvation, something that the GB/WTS does not want its followers to know.

Leon Morris was the Principle of Ridley College at the University of Melbourne, and I had the privilege at one stage of being able to communicate with this brilliant and committed man. Any one of his many books is a testimony to him and a wonderful memorial. I made use of the library at Ridley College while researching my study on that deceitful booklet of misquotations, “JWs and the Question of Blood”. http://au.geocities.com/doug_mason1940/The_Watchtowers_Handling_of_Blood_Revision_2.pdf

Regards,

Doug

• bite me
    bite me

I hope everything goes well with you and your wife. As much as we will miss the frequent updates it is understandable that your wife should be put first. I pray that she makes a full recovery. Take care of your self and eachother.

• Fatfreek
    Fatfreek

Hi Doug,

Let me repeat the sentiments already expressed that your mate somehow gets relief.

It would also be great to get together with someone so close in age (we're probably some 9 days apart) and perhaps closer in WT experience. Alas, Austrailia and the U.S. are quite distant.

As the senior of the two I wish you the very best.

Len Miller

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

Your care and attention are doubly appreciated; that you have the space to attend to us is very touching.

All the best...

• Eliveleth
    Eliveleth

Doug,

Thank you so much for all the effort you have put into informing us.

We are very grateful. I will be praying for your partner/wife of those

many years. I can only imagine how hard it must be to be in that situation.

Love and hugs,

Gramma Velta

• choosing life
    choosing life

Doug,

I very much appreciate the information you share. I hope and pray that your wife gets better.

Sincerely,choosing life

• Sarah Smiles
    Sarah Smiles

Thank you very much for helping many people see the true light!

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

Doug,

Hey bro' we are all grateful here that you put something in to the body of research we all need to understand the way things really are. Thanks!

Kurt

• Eyes Open
    Eyes Open

I haven't had time to read much material yet I'm afraid but I've seen your name mentioned around the forum, Doug. Thanks for all your efforts.

Best wishes for both of you at this time.

• carla
    carla

I'm sorry to hear about your wife. You both will be in my thoughts and prayers. Thanks much for all the time you have taken with jw issues they are appreciated. All the best to you and your wife. carla

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit