I sometimes wish I was still In.

by faundy 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee
    an insider stands a better chance of getting questions answered than someone who is no longer attending at all

You could ask the questions, but what kind of an answer are you going to get? A quote from the WT? A "wait on Jehovah" answer?

You can be 100% sincere, but when you ask the questions they can't answer, you are DF'd. Just ask Mouthy. She was a firm believer, but when she couldn't understand how they came to the conclusion that Jesus came in 1914 and was sincere in her questions to the elders to help her understand it, she was DF'd. This is just one example, there are many here I'm sure.

BB

• Quandry
    Quandry

It might seem so at first thought, but...

I also think about the people who in sincerity went to the elders to ask about why the WT was in association with the UN. The immediate responce was anger and some were disfellowshipped. When all along the WT most certainly DID ask for and receive a designation as NGO with the UN.

Also, think about the people who merely made it known that JWs also have a problem with pedophiles. They were df'd.

They do not want anyone to question or dig up dirt.......they just do not take kindly to it.

• juni
    juni

hi Faundy..

From my experience (21 years as a very active JW), asking "why" questions that had nothing to do w/doctrine would be a cause for others to consider you as "doubting" or in the least questionable "faithfulness". Such as, "why do we need 5 meetings a week?", or "why do we need to drive miles back to the hall to meet for afternoon field service when there is never anyone else there?" I remember one elder who told the group when we brought up legitimate questions... "Are we becoming a congregation of complainers?" You were supposed to fall in line w/o any questioning. Deep down I'm sure the majority felt, but would never vocalize it, that one could never do enough or be "good" enough. Meditating on how things really are w/questioning helps one realize that they will never be heard w/o prejudice.

• yourmomma
    yourmomma

i have no interest telling most witnesses anything. many wouldnt care if you smacked them in the face with stone cold facts. the only people i am considering tactfully talking to are friends that are like me in that they came into this org searching for truth. i must repeat, extreme tact. even cool people will get their back up if you say this stuff the wrong way. the good thing about it is that now, you dont have to go to apostate sites to get info. its in the news and literature. heck, some of it is off the platform. some of the talks that have gone down recently have old school witnesses who have been in for 50 years shaking their heads.

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

The questions I asked were usually also answered with "Wait on Jehovah ..he will answer it for you.This was to be done either through a publication with "New Light" or through a talk. You have to have faith!

I waited so long I forgot what the question was..

What's funny is that almost everytime I hear that someone wants to go back is for the association.

I only remember one girl that went back (Or so I heard) because she was afraid of being destroyed at armaggedeon. But I am telling you..she experienced everything there was to experience out there before she went back. Oh I forgot to mention..she also wanted to find a good husband and thought that was the only place she could find one..She eventually did find one but from what her daughter told me..she is extremly jealous of him because he is so outgoing with the women in the KH...

Some things never change.......

Snoozy..who remembers some very friendly "Brothers".

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

Danger-impending danger-must stop wishing!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit