Pledge of Allegiance

by Princess Daisy Boo 29 Replies latest jw experiences

• StAnn
    StAnn

I homeschool my children and have taught them the pledge and national anthem. I am not a fan of George Bush by any means but I'm one of those politically active people who feels we have more opportunities to live the kind of life we choose in this country than in any other, so my goal is to try to work within the system to improve our government. If I look at other nations, I'd rather live under the US government than any other system. I want to preserve the uniqueness of our governmental system (I'm worried about all of this international law creeping in) and want my children to learn the value of being politically active to try to shape the events in their lives rather than sitting back and letting others do all the work. I don't approve of all of the things my government does; heck, I don't approve of most of the things my government does; but I feel that here I have the opportunity to have a real effect on how my government operates and have my voice (even a dissenting voice) heard, rather than in a totalitarian regime. Thankfully, my father was never a JW and was always politically active, so I got the bug from him.

StAnn

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

A New Pledge Of Allegiance:

I pedge allegiance to the World of Mankind

No matter what race, color or creed

To treat my fellow man with compassion

No matter what my government says

I refuse to give allegaince any government

That that uses its power over people to thier harm

Be they its citizen or those in other countries

I will pedge my allegiance to any government

That is dedicated to helping thier fellow man

And does not favor the rich over the poor

To such a government I grant legitemacy in my own mind

And therefore will give it allegiance once it has shown itself worthy to my satisfaction

• sacrebleu
    sacrebleu

Our country was formed so that "all men" would have the right to pursue happiness.

But only WHITE MEN WHO OWNED LAND.

No women, blacks, poor people, etc, etc, etc had the "God given" right to pursue happiness.

We do have a great country but it could be improved upon and I don't believe it was founded by true Christians.

sacrebleu

• sacrebleu
    sacrebleu

Our country was formed so that "all men" would have the right to pursue happiness.

No women, blacks, poor people, etc, etc, etc had the "God given" right to pursue happiness.

We do have a great country but it could be improved upon and I don't believe it was founded by true Christians.

sacrebleu

• mentalclearness
    mentalclearness

the pledge is just another scheme in the entire educational system in the u.s. to convince americans that they live in the best country on earth with the best opportunities, etc.........It should be mandatory for all americans to travel outside their bubble so that they can see a variety of political systems and ways of living. I think it would be extremely eye opening for many. Especially for those who sit on thier sofas and are spoon fed the "world news" as it´s depicted on CNN.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Sacr,

sacrebleu

So true, and a lot of American don't know that,, because they have been dumbed down by the educational system.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Mental,

the pledge is just another scheme in the entire educational system in the u.s. to convince americans that they live in the best country on earth with the best opportunities, etc.........It should be mandatory for all americans to travel outside their bubble so that they can see a variety of political systems and ways of living. I think it would be extremely eye opening for many. Especially for those who sit on thier sofas and are spoon fed the "world news" as it´s depicted on CNN.

Thank God for the internet!!! Now we can really learn if we want to,,, about government;;;; and what goes on! Many CIA documents have been declasified, we got access to so much more now there is no need for them to stay in the dark. There are excellent videos essays documents all at our finger tips,,it may take a while to sink in but I think many American are wising up all the time.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Teacher would yank us out of our chairs........so I would spend 30 minutes in the toilet whenever we had assembly!

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

When I was in 5th grade we had this teacher that would work us over slamming us against wall and jack us little 11 & 12 yr olds up against wall to get information.

One day someone said to the bus driver "can't you hold it till you get off the bus" (referring to farting, typical smart mouth shit little kids do). Well the next morning this teacher came on that bus before any of us could get off the bus and grabbed all of us boys in the back seats and marched us off to some vacant schooll room,, and started the interrogation with me in the back coat room by flinging me against the wall a few times and jacking me up against the wall blamming me for the remark to the bus driver, when I wouldn't confess he tried to slam it out of me or tell him who said it,, I don't think I even knew,,anyway if I told my dad about this sun of bitch he would of killed the mother fucker and I didn't want my dad in jail for beating the living shit out of this guy, so I never told him. Good thing the MF didn't leave a mark or visable bruise or else quite literally he'd be dead.

• blondie
    blondie

I lived many places and went to 13 schools by the time I graduated. The only time I had a problem was with a teacher that started the pledge mid term and it was junior highschool and pledge had not been done by these students for some time. The refused to do it as a group and accused the teacher of doing it to make my life miserable. He had to back down and it made me quite popular in school, really.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit