Anyone in Napa area know if this guy is still a JW?

by BONEZZ 9 Replies latest jw friends

• BONEZZ
    BONEZZ

http://www.deldottovineyards.com/

His name is Dave Del Dotto. He made a ton of $$ in the '90's selling How To Get Rich in Real Estate courses. He always taped his infomercials in Hawaii and even had John Davidson as a spokesman (who he supposedly witnessed to). He now owns a high class winery, no doubt purchased with money he got from poor fools who bought his course. He was sued by the government and lost...not sure howmuch.

A guy who used to work for me idolized him and would visit and be his un-paid gopher for weeks. Anyway, just wondering. His website doesn't offer any clues. You'd think if he was still in there might be "Paradise Merlot" or something, wink wink. Of course his wine looks high end so most dubs probably can't afford it.

-BONEZZ

• Dagney
    Dagney

Wow, that's a name from the past, I remember him and those sleezy infomercials.

• rekless
    rekless

I know who you are talking about, but I didn't know he lived in Nappa.

I lived in Clearlake, Ca. for 35 years went to assemblies with the Nappa and Calistoga circuit. He was never mentioned by any of the hob nobbers as being a witness. He always reminded me of a schister.

There was one quadtroplegic who owned a winery in Calistoga, but I can't remember his name or his wine's brand.

Dan Walker (of the Infamious Clearlake congregation.)

• BONEZZ
    BONEZZ

Thanks. I'm fairly certain he was a shyster. He lived in Hawaii I believe when the infomercials were produced. The guy who worked for me, he and his wife (dubbies) would go to Hawaii on vacation and stay in his guest house. They didn't have much money and always gravitated towards people with bucks. Anyway, during the '90's when Del Dottos troubles with the govt were just starting they moved to Napa area. I believe I was told they were attending a small cong somewhere in Napa area. Just curious if he was still a dub in good graces? Someone out there knows.

-BONEZZ

• BONEZZ
    BONEZZ

That's why I love this board. I just received a PM from someone who will remain a-non-mouse but informed me that as of a couple of years ago Dave Del Dotto is still in good standing and employs several JW's at his winery. Apparently the local elders take visiting dignitaries by for tours when they wish to impress. This source also said that Del Dotto is considered a "flakey" witness. Kinda thought he might be. The elders probably don't want to advertise his JW connection too much since he was convicted...of fraud I think.

-BONEZZ

PS. Ya gotta love the Internet. Just googled his name and this came up...

" In short, WA says Del Dotto "charges high fees for information which is virtually worthless, outdated, and unethical." WA authorities were seeking a restraining order to prevent Del Dotto from holding a seminar in the state. Court papers reveal previously unknown facts about Del Dotto: IRS placed a lien on his Hawaii house in 1993. In 1995, Hawaii sued him for nonpayment of $5,000,000 in loans. He filed for Chapter 7 personal bankruptcy, and his corporation filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy in 1995. In 1996, he agreed to pay a $200,000 fine to the FTC"

• rekless
    rekless

" In short, WA says Del Dotto "charges high fees for information which is virtually worthless, outdated, and unethical." WA authorities were seeking a restraining order to prevent Del Dotto from holding a seminar in the state. Court papers reveal previously unknown facts about Del Dotto: IRS placed a lien on his Hawaii house in 1993. In 1995, Hawaii sued him for nonpayment of $5,000,000 in loans. He filed for Chapter 7 personal bankruptcy, and his corporation filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy in 1995. In 1996, he agreed to pay a $200,000 fine to the FTC"

well, I hope he sold a lot of wine.

• Dagney
    Dagney

me that as of a couple of years ago Dave Del Dotto is still in good standing and employs several JW's at his winery. Apparently the local elders take visiting dignitaries by for tours when they wish to impress.

AHA! I'm getting some brain surges...seems to me I remember being told about an estate up there where friends and Bethelites would visit...very upscale. Betcha that's it. LOL

• BONEZZ
    BONEZZ

Ya discover the most interesting things when you Google. Appaerntly back in '03 someone from this board posted about old' Dave and his winery and the fact that he is a witless and an elder. AND I responded...didn't remember...gotta start writing this stuff down. Old age is kickin in...maybe I'll double up on the Ginko.

-BONEZZ (of the Forgetful Class0

• mcsemike
    mcsemike

Why are so many JW's scammers? EVERY scam I've seen people get into were with JW's, usually elders. I guess the WT's ethics rub off on many people who obey those idiots.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Hmmmm. I know a sister that ordered a bunch of info on real estate--maybe from this guy? We talked about buying some property and renting it out. She showed me how this guy teaches to write the lease in such a way, the renter becomes completely responsible for all repairs and maintenance on the property. The point was, it was supposed to cost the owner absolutely nothing and be pure profit. I had said I could see that for simple things like light bulbs and small repairs, but surely they aren't talking big repairs like roofs and plumbing. She disagreed! She said the leases were worded to make the current tenant responsible even for such repairs.

I don't know if that is even legal, but I remember telling her the my CONSCIENCE woudn't allow such a thing. She said that real estate wasn't my bag then! Sounds sleazy. This guy sounds sleazy,. I wonder if there is a connection.

NC

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit