Talked to my DR about BLOOD.....

by nomoreguilt 5 Replies latest watchtower medical

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

I have been going to the same doctor's office for 39 years. I have never had any issues with the blood question as I am pretty healthy at 57. So, anyways, I have this severe sinus infection. It feels like my face is going to explode. Nothing new here, happens over the years.

Yesterday, I went to my faithful DR and got all fixed up with the anti biotic and nasal spray. So, I asked her, she's very cute, my wife was with me, thinks the same. I asked her if there was a medical directive on blood in my records? She looked through them and said no. I explained to her that I am NO longer a jw and that I would have no problem with taking blood.

I told her how the jw had changed their views on blood, what with the fractions and all of that crap. She agreed that jw are a real problem in the medical community. I told her that I would have my attorney draw up a directive in my behalf in case blood is ever needed. I have 2 sons, one is still active.

Now here's my question....would you take this opportunity, and send your son a copy of the medical directive that your attorney has on file for you???I am still in good standing but haven't been to the hall in 3 and half years. Don't intend to ever go back.

NMG

• Open mind
    Open mind

I think most BOEs would take that as equivalent to a letter of Disassociation. You are willfully planning to violate God's Watchtower rules.

If you want to maintain some contact with your JW son, I wouldn't send it to him.

OM

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

OM...Thank you. I was thinking that perhaps because no action on my part to recieve blood had taken place, that it was just a notification to him about my personal health desires. That way, he wouldn't have to fight with my wife over the issue if ever it came up. My new wife.

NMG

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

No, I don't think that is necassary. Your doctor, lawyer and wife know. Make sure that it is also on file at the hospital where would normally go for treatment.

momz

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

I agree with open mind &momzcrazy.

Why cause your self any unnecessary grief.

Hope4Others

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

Maybe get it tattooed on your forehead?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit