From Rutherford -2008 Watchtower ="dont have kid's till after Armagedon!"

by Witness 007 54 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

Them guys that write this stuff are in their bethel rooms and they don't have kids, and they are happy. Why is everybody complaining about the kids counsel? Can't you wait until Armagonnagetya to have your kids?

Oh sorry... I thought I was taliking to JWs and needed to bluff...

The truth is, I'm 38, and I don't have kids, and I'm pissed, and it's too late it seems...

A@G

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Dont forget the 1988 DC Talk "Responsible Child Rearing in the time of the End"

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos

Watchtower 2000 August 1 p.21 Why Do They Have No Children? "Although Noah's three sons were all married, none fathered children<<

What the hell does Noah have to do with the decision to use birth control? Did their wived all take the pill or what? Maybe the rythm method? Yeah that's it, they used the experience of all three other people on the planet to invent it!

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Rutherford never got on with his own son just as Mcmillan in "Faith on the March" stated that Rutherford never got along with his own father, who was a cold un-emotional man......this was passed on in his books.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Thanks for the quotes and insight y'all.

This is a VERY, VERY HOT topic in our area. I'm p!ssed about the 1980s singleness and childbearing crap that has put me where I am today. When there were a couple little blessings that came along around that time, it was greeted with shock and disappointment... then. Now, we're all so joyful that the Botchtower and Boasting Session was ignored by at least a few at that time. In a recent conversation with Mom, I brought up some silently held issues about how she and Dad shouldn't have had any children since they were strong JWs. With hardly any input from me, she took a very non-JW turn, forget the imminent Armageddy, children are very important, and she hopes I do well financially, marry, and have children of my own. Of course, she also wants me to stay in "the truth(r)". Sorry Ma.

I intend to make it clear to others that I regret that I listened to bOrg direction. They're as full of bullsh!t today as Rutherford was then.

B the X

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit