I'm planning a move, do you like where you live?

by wings 25 Replies latest jw friends

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Texas hill country near Austin is very nice. I love New Mexico, why would you want to leave there? Unless you lived in the uglier parts.

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX
    "I haven't spent much time in Texas, driven through it a few. Do you like living there?"

Yes. I love it here in Texas. Of course - I haven't known much else... I've visited a few other states - but not spent any appreciable time in them.

The small cities I mentioned are just a sampling of small communities that one might go to. There are other locations that others have mentioned here in Texas - where the cost of housing - and living - is out-of-sight. Any suburb of Austin is an example.

Texas has no state income tax - so we have, instead - a sales tax that is applied to any purchase. Again - since this is all I have known - I do not know how it compares to other states.

Here in San Antonio, a cracker-box house - new - may cost ya anywhere from $100k to $250k. If you go outside the city - to some of the more 'in' locations, like Boerne - you might pay double that. Of course... you will be out of the city - with its' 1.5 million population.

Austin is also a great city... personally - I couldn't afford to live there.

Houston - too humid - cost of living is comparable with San Antonio.

Again - San Antonio has many small communities surrounding it - less than 30 minutes away - which you can drive in from - to do your major shopping - then retreat to the quiet of country-living.

Good Luck in making your decision.

Regards,

Jim TX

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Texas is a cool state that has something to offer anyone. My favorites are the hill country, Dallas-Ft.Worth, and Amarillo.

Here is the town though I think you will like--Madison Indiana.

Madison is a small river town in Southern Indiana on the ohio river. Lots of old historic homes and buildings. It really looks like a slice of old fashioned Americana. They even have a regatta on the river in July. The scenery around there is beautiful. Lots of small restaurants on the river, and lots of camping on the river there. Lousiville Ky is only bout an hour away and can provide you with big city conveniences.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I live on the Westside of Los Angeles. It's part major metropolis part beach town. Weather is awesome. It's expensive as hell and the traffic absolutely sucks

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

I recommend Pennsylvania.

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

I like Santa Fe a lot, Asheville, NC is my next choice if I were to relo.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit