Women: Do you pray in presence of men?

by outofthebox 13 Replies latest jw friends

• outofthebox
    outofthebox

Do you still find it difficult to pray for the family, let's say, if your husband or another man is present? Do you still feel uncomfortable to do it?

-ootb

• QUEEN_BITCH_JACQUELINE
    QUEEN_BITCH_JACQUELINE

Absolutely not. I always thought that whole belief was a load of crock.

• Honesty
    Honesty

Absolutely not. I always thought that whole belief was a load of crock.

Sometimes I wish I was 30 years younger.... "sighs"

• SusanHere
    SusanHere

Wow, I never thought about this before. So tell me how it should go, please. My JW sister, a Pioneer, comes to visit us non-JWs, and when asked if she will say the prayer on the meal, she does. She has never done the hankie on the head bit, nor said anything about that it should be a man saying it. Her husband, a non-JW who attended with her, was present as was my husband, also non-JW.

So, in that setting, what should she have done to be a proper JW? Oh, and in the prayer, she never says "Jehovah" but only Heavenly Father.

Is this off the mark for how it should be?

SusanHere

• Double Edge
    Double Edge
    Oh, and in the prayer, she never says "Jehovah" but only Heavenly Father.

ut ohhhhh..... I've never been a "dub", but it sounds like she's "one foot in and one foot out".

• carla
    carla

For the 'sister' who prays in front of men, all the men were non jw's correct? Then they really don't matter in dubland do they? Wouldn't a jw woman feel that it would be the perfect time to flex some special jehovah muscle in prayer to show these walking coprses how it's really done?

Saying 'Heavenly Father' might have been her way of showing respect for the non jw's.

• Mrs Smith
    Mrs Smith

I do pray in front of and for men but find it very difficult. I know that the more I do it the easier it will become, well I hpe so any way.

• hotchocolate
    hotchocolate

Hey Susanhere... oh you're JW pioneer sister is SINNING BIG TIME.. haha

In the presence of her hubby she should always be wearing a head covering, whether he's a witness or not.

"A Christian wife might have an unbelieving husband and on occasion be expected to pray or teach the Bible in his presence. In any of these situations a woman would have worn a head covering, “a sign of authority,” thus manifesting her recognition of the headship principle." WT 77

Tell her that as a witness, she's getting WAY too big for her boots, and she needs to learn some submission. That should get things fired up.. LMAO

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Not at all !!!! I'll pray for you, in front of you, about you, I'll even pray at your church.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

As a man Jehovah would find this insulting!!! I insist my wife wear a tent when she pray's near me or at least use an umbrella....out of respect.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit