1973 Drama about Rahab

by betweenworlds 12 Replies latest jw friends

• betweenworlds
    betweenworlds

lol!

This drama opens with a typical JW family after their weekly watchtower study. The son asks a question regarding how many people will be destroyed during armageddon and how long it will last and the proceeds to give statistics for how many will have to die per day if it lasts for one year! The father recites the scripture about 'though thousands you will see fall yes at your very side' and the daughter proceeds to bust into song number 44...with the above quoted line 'thoughhh thousandssss you will seeee fall...yes at your very sideeee' her father says 'very good jenny!!' and the mother chimes in next with 'What a beautiful song!' O.o dear god...this was 1973 which means my butt was probably parked at an assembly listening to this drivel. If anyone wants to hear this for themselves here's the drama:

http://savefile.com/files/1370127

sorry I totally suck at trying to post stuff

• looloo
    looloo

how sick, that children had a role to play in that , did nobody call social services?

• betweenworlds
    betweenworlds

I know huh So sad what these kids are subjected to. Although on a bright note I made it out ok...(mostly...well kinda...lol nevermind)

Betweenworlds

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

Oh, I remember that - looking back now I am amazed at the awful stuff we swallowed without a thought. How many people would be dying per day if the big A lasts a year? Isn't that just sick sick sick?

• Scully
    Scully

That was 2 years before the Big A was supposed to happen, too. It's evidence like this drama, where they are obviously gearing up for and mentally preparing for Armageddon to happen, that proves that the 1975 date had the WTS's complete endorsement.

• Undecided
    Undecided

HI there,

I went to my last assembly in 1973 in Pa. I don't remember the drama but I remember the Jackson family sitting in front of me. I had just been divorced by my JW wife. I drove up there by myself in my 65 Ford mustang. Seems so long ago. I guess 35 years is a pretty long time.

I saw one of my JW friends that I knew in my teens. He had moved there. I haven't seen or heard of him since.

Ken P.

• betweenworlds
    betweenworlds

Happy Birthday Ken!!

Yup time does fly by. I think my last assembly was about 96ish or there abouts. I know my boys were little..like a year old and they are 12 already!! My babies are gonna be teenagers next year omg..

Betweenworlds

• TD
    TD

Thanks for posting that.

I remember it like yesterday. I was in my late 'teens at a DC in Tucson.

• willdabeerman
    willdabeerman

A drama about Rehab? OH RAHAB, my bad.

• betweenworlds
    betweenworlds

lmao wild!!!! The Amy Winehouse story :D

Betweenworlds

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit