Jehovah's Witnesses are like smoking

by Grunt 3 Replies latest jw friends

• Grunt
    Grunt

Almost all of those who begin eventually want to quit. That is the best thing about this religion, the near certainty that you will eventually quit it. That is also the thing that keeps me most hopeful in regards to relatives still "in." They, or almost certainly their children, are nearly certain to be free again, it is just a matter of time. For the older ones who have put in so many years and who now have to face death wrapped in this pack of lies, it is especially sad to watch. Would that I could help them to an "accurate knowledge of the truth" so they would leave this cult and have a few good, normal years, but as with the smokers, the longer they have done it the harder it is to quit.
    Hello to all of you old timers. Just dropped in to see how things are and to read a few posts. I hope all of you are doing well.

Just another old

• TR
    TR

Hi Grunt!

Yeah, I hope by bro kicks the JW habit someday. I just KNOW he wants to do everything BUT go to meetings or out in field service. He just ignorantly hangs on, though.

TR

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
    —Edmund Burke

• Escargot
    Escargot

Haaaa, at least the Jws are not like a fine, aged, Cuban Cigar.......

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Can anyone confirm the stat I once read that said converts to Dubism generally only last about two years before leaving?

YERUSALYIM
    "Vanity! It's my favorite sin!"
    [Al Pacino as Satan, in "DEVIL'S ADVOCATE"]

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit