German Government Trying to Ban Agnostic Children's book

by GermanXJW 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Eyes Open
    Eyes Open

Nice book. The illustrations look good. I'd be interested in an English version, too.

• Satanus
    Satanus

It's neat that they put the three abrahamic religions into the same ring, like that. Cousins at each other's throats. The unholy trinity. Three heads on the same body (the body is judaism) biting each other. Haha.

S

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

Currently, I do not know about an English version. But Richard Dawkins is said to be very fond of the book so there may be a chance to get it. (After all, it is not that much text.)

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

The authors and the publishers have decided to publish the book in English language on the Web.
    So all people of the world have now the chance to discuss the book.

http://www.ferkelbuch.de/buchdownload.html

alt

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

Warm and stinging by turns, I like it quite a lot.

I think here in the US the book-burners would mostly be freaked out by the naked people illustrated at the end. Scandalous!

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

bttt

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

Update: the "Federal Department for Media Harmful to Young Persons" decided against putting the book on the index. This fundamentalist attack (from the government!) on freedom of speech has been put down by German democracy.

• Jringe01
    Jringe01

Author Michael Schmidt-Salomon responded to the controversy on his website. “I don’t ridicule religions, they are ridiculous all by themselves,” he wrote, claiming children have a “right to enlightenment.” He denied that he was anti-Semitic, claiming he had been cursed and threatened because of his Jewish-sounding name.

“So I claim the right for myself to openly criticize those Orthodox Jews, as well as fundamentalist Christians and Muslims, who are struck by divine madness. This naturally has nothing to do with anti-Semitism,” he wrote.

Love the author's statement, especially the highlighted bits.

What's the old saying "If you can't stand the heat then get out of the kitchen" besides if these religions are true then why worry about what one lowly human says in a book when you have almighty god on your side. If you really have the truth then what does it matter...the answer is that it doesn't which is why so many get upset over stuff like this. it's insecurity plain and simple. They try so hard to convince themselves they have the truth that in the end all they do is feed their insecurity and paranoia.

To my mind religion is a throwback to a more primitive time and now it serves no purpose other than to hold us back from advancing as a species.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit