It's not you....it's me....so a damn good marriage is about to end...

by oompa 78 Replies latest jw friends

• magoo
    magoo

........mean people suck....sloppy, mushy drunks suck......politically correct people suck....what a fuckin' vacumn they create......

magoo

sober since 1996

• cognac
    cognac

hey oompa~

It may sound dumb - but I prayed for you last night, right before I went to sleep.

How did your day go? Please let us know...

• JK666
    JK666

cognac and all,

He was still dry this afternoon, please send prayers or good vibes his way. It is not easy to quit if you are an alcoholic.

JK

• cognac
    cognac

i know jk666 ~

The weird thing about this prayer - I've never prayed for another person like that... Now with such honesty and sincerity. It was always the "Watchtower Way'... Oompa, i'm praying for you in a way I never did before... I've listened to a lot of x-jw's, and I'm still not positive that I'm doing it right, but I have faith that you can overcome this Oompa. Even if you have fallen today, I have faith in you... I will pray for you again tonight.... Please Oompa, don't give up!!! I am rooting for you!!!! Please Oompa, we are right here for you!!!!!!!

Know this Oompa, that somebody is thinking of you and praying for you... Not in a fake way as JW's, but in a bottom of the heart sincere way. Please smile, cause people really care for you. I know you have never met me, I know you have never seen me, its really weird that people you have never seen or met would care, but I really, really do... Please let your heart, for even a bit of time, be content, cause if I, who have never met or seen you care, then know that God has to love you deeply love you personally, much more then any of us could be capable of...

Please let us know how you are doing...

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

JK666,

You said......

cognac and all,

He was still dry this afternoon, please send prayers or good vibes his way. It is not easy to quit if you are an alcoholic.

JK

For God's sake man.......quit being Oompa's enabler. The man definitely needs professional help.........not half assed.....feel good words from well meaning friends.

I really hope the day comes when Oompa is clean and sober and looks back on these posts to see how insane he is and how his so called friends thought they were being helpful to him.......but in their unknowing (about alcholism) minds....they did him more harm than good.

Let him go dammit. Let him self-destruct if if he won't even listen to you........one who is trying to help!

Right now......and even in his previous posts.........all Oompa wants is an audience. Everyone is trying to help but he doesn't want help. He wants a magic wand to solve the problems that he is bringing on himself. That is not possible!

Quite frankly........he is wearing thin on this board. Maybe that is my own opinion, but I know there are others who agree the same!

HappyDad

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

I agree, HappyDad. The responses of support and good wishes are demonstrably not effective - and Msr. Oompa has specifically asked for a kick up the ass. I complied with a challenge.

And as for JK - who said

Others are mean because they are frustrated douchebags, and just want to cause others to be as miserable as they are. Satan has a pineapple waiting for those people ("Little Nicky" reference).

You clearly have no respect for women in general, and cannot articulate your feelings without going low when someone disagrees with you. But for gawdsake - have some respect for yourself as a man.

Help your friend, oompa, but don't help him into the grave. And don't debase yourself and others in the process with 5th grade potty language against people who are offering thoughtful responses.

• JK666
    JK666

Happy Dad,

You are entitled to your opinion, and have the freedom not to read Oompa's posts. If it bothers you that much, ignore him.

I find it somewhat interesting that you think I am enabling him. I may be more empathetic as I am a recovering alcoholic myself, but trust me, I am not enabling him. When did you become an expert on the subject? Compassion and enabling are two separate things.

Who will be left to pick on, when we run out of cancer patients and drunks? It might get boring around here.

JK

• JK666
    JK666

Bizzy Bee,

What a little slice of heaven you turned out to be. If I have offended you, it is my daily affirmation! As Magoo stated above, mean people suck.

JK

• cognac
    cognac

Bizzybee,

That was a bit harsh...

If he does look back, I hope he sees that we were trying to help...

I might not be saying the right things, and I did suggest professional help, but I do believe that he can do whatever if takes to get the help he needs. It will take a lot of work, and only he can do that. But, i want to be supportive...

I will apologize now, Oopma, if I did or said the wrong thing... I, in my honest heart of heart, want the best for you, and I'm sorry if I crippled you in any way... I am not an expert on the matter... Please do whatever you have to do to get better... I only want to support you in your endeavors...

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Oh, Lord! Where do I begin?

I don't. JK, oompa, and cognac - you all truly deserve each other. I predict that you each and every one will ultimately disappear up your own respective backsides.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit