Ok, lets set the record straight was it a CROSS or a STAKE

by Witchs Son 26 Replies latest watchtower bible

• atypical
    atypical

It was a cross. The cross of the zodiac.

• Witchs Son
    Witchs Son

Morning, can't sleep so turned on computer to read latest posts, this is becoming an obsession.

Hey guys thanks for your posts. And Leolaia, can I marry your brain? That was brilliant, Well then I have one more topic I would love you to explain for me if you would. I'll post it later after having some coffee but it concerns exodus and new theory by Lennart Moller

• 5go
    5go

I choose option three, neither.

• dothemath
    dothemath

I was quite interested in this topic a while ago.........and did quite a bit of research.

It seems bizarre that Witnesses examine scriptures to the smallest detail, but when it comes to the evidence right in the gospels, their reasoning goes out the window.

Matt. 27: 37 has Pilate putting the infamous sign above Jesus' head, not his hands.

And I think it's been mentioned about Thomas exclamation of "seeing the print of the NAILS in Jesus' hands.......yet in every picture portrayed in the literature they show one nail.

I've also read that it would be far more difficult to stay alive for very long if your arms were fastened above your head in that manner........very difficult to breathe, not to mention your arms losing all circulation. Yet the whole point of this manner of death was to make it last for some time.

A recent article on this (March 1, 2008 Watchtower) mentions on pg. 22.............."more important, no matter what device was used fopr the torture and execution of Jesus, no image or symgoll of it should become an object of devotion or worship for Christians." (the article still mentions the argument of the stauros, etc. but it seems to give the impression they're not so dogmatic about the topic)

• dothemath
    dothemath

just read my post.........sorry about the spelling.........getting late I guess

• VM44
    VM44

Here is Leolaia's Cross article in a PDF file.

JEHOVAH’S WITNESSES AND THE CROSS

Leolaia, Jehovah’s Witness Discussion Forum

http://www.forananswer.org/Top_JW/jwcross.pdf

• uninformed
    uninformed

I agree that it makes absolutely no difference. The witnesses always get caught up in small details and miss the main point.

Kinda like putting the symbol of life (blood) as more important than the gift of life itself.

well said

Brant

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit