Expelled

by Eliveleth 15 Replies latest jw experiences

• Eliveleth
    Eliveleth

There is a new movie being released this Spring that will probably be of interest to everyone on this board,

because of our diversity of beliefs.

Here is a trailer of it. http://www.expelledthemovie.com/playgroundvideo3.swf

Love and hugs,

Velta

• oompa
    oompa

Very interesting.....Thanks....and I can not help but think someone had a hand in designing things........but I have no faith in the Bible or God.........................................................................................oompa

• serotonin_wraith
    serotonin_wraith

Wow is this guy clueless. It's the same old misconceptions over and over.

"...Are we, the universe and everything in it merely the result of pure dumb fate and chance?"

"...They believe we are nothing more than mud, animated by lightning."

"Accident..."

"Cosmic mistake..."

It's these lies which keep people misinformed about cosmology and evolution. It's left for people who know what scientists REALLY say to explain it to others who have been wrongly educated.

"It's the kind of thing where you just learn to keep your mouth shut."

Well you're not, because here is a film spouting off about it. But I do wish liars and uneducated people would shut up when it comes to teaching people facts about the universe.

Richard Dawkins:

"As a scientist, I am pretty hostile to a rival doctrine..."

It's obvious that wasn't the end of his sentence. Way to take it out of context!

On the plus side, I'm glad to see these people are somewhat scared. If only they went to a museum and saw the evidence for themselves! America does have museums, doesn't it? Sometimes I wonder.

• dawg
    dawg

I couldn't finish watching this, and here's why... science has no business in this debate.... I believe in God, but in science class he has no place... that's because science is supposed to find natural explainations as to why things occur.

I seen this man before, he's not on the up and up. Not one professor I've ever known either personally or at UGA that was a scientist didn't believe in God, sure there many out there that don't but I'm speaking on a personal level... yet not one thinks this debate belongs in any science class... that's becasue God is supernatural, and science is the physical, its natural... its a natural explaination as to why things occur-not a supernatural nonphysical spiritual world.

Few scientist care one iota about free speech, what they don't want to see is God taught where natural explainations should be sought... if you're best explaination in a science class is God, then you have to keep searching, God cannot be tested in the physical world, therefore he's not part of a physical debate. That is the role of Science... that's why I quit watching this... hes not being trueful... Scientist could care less that the man wants to speak, what their miffed about is that he's trrying to bring God into a scientific debate... that's not science.

I'm sure he can write papers till the dead rise in any other forum, not one scientist should protest, nor would I think any would... but introducing God into science, that's unacceptable. Its like talking about there is no God in church, you'd have plenty of protesters becasue that would be totally innappropiate-just as bringing God into a debate about science, who's very structure isn't based on the supernatural.

Sorry Granny, I have to disagree on this one.

• Dead Man Joaquin
    Dead Man Joaquin

Regardless of your personal beliefs, I have to confess to being something of an admirer of Ben Stein. The guy is just smart as hell.

Dawkins may be too, but he's got a serious attitude problem... he seems a very arrogant and hostile individual with a dedicated anti-theistic bent...

• BFD
    BFD

Thanks for posting that, Velta. I will go and watch this when it comes out.

I didn't know that Ben Stein was a speech writer for Nixon and Ford.

Thanks again.

BFD

• Dead Man Joaquin
    Dead Man Joaquin

Not bringing God into the classroom is one thing. Not being allowed to question long-cherished scientific theories (dogma?) is quite another. And from what I understand, Stein is absolutely right about this one - questioning the Darwinian model is a big no-no in the scientific community.

• DT
    DT

I blame extremists on both sides for making this debate such a mess. It's fine to put our current scientific understanding under close scrutiny and see where we have to refine or expand on our knowledge. I don't think it's fine for one side to make crazy, uninformed attacks and for the other side to overreact in defense of their changing (evolving?) body of scientific understanding.

• Dead Man Joaquin
    Dead Man Joaquin

Darwin fundies have their own agenda just like Biblical fundies.

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

>> Regardless of your personal beliefs, I have to confess to being something of an admirer of Ben Stein.

Me too, I'll probably watch it for that reason alone.

Dave

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit