Force Majeure

by stillajwexelder 13 Replies latest watchtower bible

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I have just declared Force Majeure

• jefferywhat
    jefferywhat

Who is the other party? Or did you just hit a smaller plane?

• oompa
    oompa

Help me elder.........what is that for the uncolleged?.........oompa

• Open mind
    Open mind

Alien invasion?

Labor dispute?

World War III?

OM

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

That's even worse than Vis Major.

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

http://www.library.yale.edu/~llicense/forcegen.shtml

Ahhh the internet... what did we do before we had it?

Coffee

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

In the industry I work in, sadly it is becoming a more common phrase

• oompa
    oompa

come on......help me out with this..........I am not that schooled and this is not fair..............................................................oompa

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Force Majeure literally means "greater force". These clauses excuse a party from liability if some unforseen event beyond the control of that party prevents it from performing its obligations under the contract. Typically, force majeure clauses cover natural disasters or other "Acts of God", war, or the failure of third parties--such as suppliers and subcontractors--to perform their obligations to the contracting party. It is important to remember that force majeure clauses are intended to excuse a party only if the failure to perform could not be avoided by the exercise of due care by that party.

So after Hurricane Katrina, many Gulf state chemical plants were taken out - the companies declared Force Majeure on certain chemicals and said -sorry folks we just can not supply

• oompa
    oompa

You gotta be kidding.......no crimes are punished.......................oompa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit