The New World Society and it's Laws

by trudy 4 Replies latest watchtower bible

• trudy
    trudy

[May 15, 1963 Watchtower page 300 in the 1953 bound volume]

"In our progress toward maturity of understanding and conduct in harmony with Jehovah's word,
    we are assisted by the invaluable disciplinary provisions of the NEW WORLD SOCIETY. The Bible
    contains commandments of God, his prophecies and the revelation of himself and of his principals
    to the issues and and problems of life, a great body of theocratic LAW is being built up.

We need to understand Jehovah's Bible and also respect the JUDGMENT, AUTHORITY and instructions of
    the NEW WORLD SOCIETY."

What did Christ say about such authority?
    compare:
    Matthew 20:25
    But Jesus called them unto him, and said, Ye know that the rulers of the Gentiles lord it over them, and their great ones exercise authority over them. Not so shall it be among you: but whosoever would become great among you shall be your minister"

1 Corinthians 15:24
    "Then cometh the end, when he shall deliver up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have abolished all rule and all authority and power."

Revelation 2:26
    And he that overcomes, and he that keeps my works unto the end, to him will I give authority over the nations"

1 Corinthians 4:8
    Already are ye filled, already ye are become rich, ye have come to reign without us: yea and I would that ye did reign, that we also might reign with you."

• trudy
    trudy

compare these bible quotes:

Proverbs 28:11
    "The rich man is wise in his own conceit; But the poor that hath understanding searches him out."

Proverbs 28:15
    As a roaring lion, and a ranging bear, So is a wicked ruler over a poor people."

Isaiah 3:14
    "Jehovah will enter into judgment with the elders of his people, and the princes thereof:
    It is you that have eaten up the vineyard; the spoil of the poor is in your houses"

Proverbs 17:2
    "A servant that deals wisely shall have rule over a son that causes shame, And shall have part in the inheritance among the brethren."

Isaiah 3:12
    As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women ( harlots ) rule over them.
    O my people, they that lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths.

Jeremiah 5:31
    the prophets prophesy falsely, and the priests bear rule by their means; and my people love to have it so: and what will ye do in the end thereof?

• avengers
    avengers

And your point is?????

Andy

• Alligator Wisdom
    Alligator Wisdom

Nothing to add to this topic.

I just wanted to welcome back trudy after six years of non-posting.

Alligator Wisdom (aka Brother NOT Exerting Vigorously)

• caliber
    caliber

Thank you for your post! You present some WT quotes, then present some scriptures for us to ponder, to stimulate open discussion.

The scriptures always make the most powerful points! I don't believe it is always necessary to make earth shaking points before we post!

Thanks again (Trudy)

Caliber

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit