Unquestioning Obedience

by trudy 14 Replies latest watchtower bible

• chickpea
    chickpea

when i was first out on my own, i worked a lot in daycare situations, including nanny-ing....

one jewish family i worked for had a naming ceremony for their new-born daughter, to which i was invited

the father told the rabbi to substitute the word " thinking" for "loyal" in the prayer for her that celebrated her inclusion in the historicity of the jewish culture.... he told me later loyalty is not a virtue.... there were loyal nazis who obeyed unthinkingly.....

did the light just get brighter?

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Must Obey..

On the c/d rom this is an article by itself, a little anecdote about the Catholic church. It leaves the reader to make an application of it.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Your all so silly...that's why God made us and the Angels with "free will" so we could blindly follow him and his orders always, without question.....Oh hang on...that doesn't make much sense. Oh well {Goose step hand raised up} HEIL JEHOVAH, ZIG HEIL, ZIG HEIL. ZIG HEIL.

• sspo
    sspo
    Today, we may not clearly see why some organizational matters are handled in a certain way, but we have every reason to trust in Jehovah's guidance through his faithful channel of communication

How in the world can they claim they are being guided by Jehovah when they themselves will tell you if you call them up or (bro. Brown video on utube) that there is no communication going on by anyone at Bethel, any of the GB or outside Bethel that receives anything directly from God. False prophets speaking in the name of god.

The rank and files just sucks at up and obeys.

• trudy
    trudy

Must Obey asked, "Trudy, nice find, but may I ask what the article was about in which this quote is contained in that May 1, 1963 Watchtower?" Hello there, Yes, the Heading says this: Exercising Faith Is Like Acting With a Title Deed page 280. And on page 283 is where I found that paragraph about Unquestioning Obedience. Peace, trudy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit