The 5 Most Horrifying Bugs on the Planet!!!! Scary stuff.

by AK - Jeff 15 Replies latest social physical

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

I had the unwanted experience of being bitten by a brown recluse spider in 2003 while visiting my daughter in Fort Myers, Florida. That little critter got me just above where the heel of my tennie shoe ended. One of the worst thing I ever experienced. Many years ago at Idelwild Park in New Jersey, I was stung by jellyfish and even though I suffered a lot with that.......the spider bite was the worst of anything I have had from mother nature.

HappyDad

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

HappyDad - be aware that the Brown is moving north nowadays. Indiana has been invaded in the south regions. Penn is still clear it looks like - but with Global Warming who knows?

Jeff

• brinjen
    brinjen

Interesting about the brown recluse spider, similar to our White Tail Spider, bites have resulted in the same symptoms. There is speculation however, about what causes them. Many think the spiders are mis-identified, others believe it's not the venom of the spider but a bacterial infection carried by some that cause the lesions.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    I had the unwanted experience of being bitten by a brown recluse spider in 2003 while visiting my daughter in Fort Myers, Florida. That little critter got me just above where the heel of my tennie shoe ended. One of the worst thing I ever experienced. Many years ago at Idelwild Park in New Jersey, I was stung by jellyfish and even though I suffered a lot with that.......the spider bite was the worst of anything I have had from mother nature.

Are you sure it was a Brown Recluse? Range maps don't show it as living here.

Burn

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

One of my friends went to Costa Rica and decided to play with a Bullet Ant.

He can testify that it really feels like being shot!

• beksbks
    beksbks

God Damnit Jeff!! It's not like I don't have enough trouble sleeping as it is!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit