Cats and JW's

by kwr 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• kwr
    kwr

I just came across a web site that purports that cats are demonic supposedly published by the watchtower, but I went to the Official JW web site and they have an article about pets and a picture of a cat on a mans lap. So did the JW's at one time DF people for kitties or is this a joke?

http://dbhome.dk/carlo/cat.htm

• carla
    carla

Just a joke.

• kwr
    kwr

Thank Jah. The more I read their history the more I expect them to have very bizarre beliefs and it is hard to tell.

• Hermano
    Hermano

It's not written by the WTS, but it could have been. This type of writing is how they defend some of their bizarre doctrines. Just goes to show how they can spin almost anything as "having a pagan origin" and "not in harmony with Scriptures."

• Gopher
    Gopher

Carlo wrote this brilliant parody on how the WTS can find fault with the most innocent things.

• sinis
    sinis

Perhaps in some subtle means it is not. Christanity had a "hard on" for cats, especially during the Black Plague as they believed that cats, especially black, were evil and demonic in nature - and went on "cat" hunts and hung them after being tried in "court". Cats have been associated with guardians of the underworld in many pagan cultures.

• oompa
    oompa
    Kwr: So did the JW's at one time DF people for kitties or is this a joke?

This is completly true....not a joke....I got in trouble several times for touching a little pussy in various ways!!!!........oompa

• LoverOfTruth
    LoverOfTruth

Interesting Post.

Years ago we had a Siamese Cat named Kipper who had a favorite chair in our living rooom.

Naturally, as JWs, we had many "get-togethers" ~ At one of the gatherings a friend "R. Randal," (a very nice guy) happened to sit in Kipper's chair. I was shocked at his response when Kipper jumped into his lap. This guy jumped up like the plague had hit him. I laughed at the time but now I wonder if the WTBS has a problem with Kitties.

• Hermano
    Hermano

Damn it! Oompa beat me to the punch!

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I love cats, they taste like chicken

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit