Anybody out there an Agnostic mentally but a Believer at Heart? (like me)

by Meeting Junkie No More 25 Replies latest watchtower bible

• serotonin_wraith
    serotonin_wraith

hmike:

So what do you do when your heart and mind don't agree? What if you intuitively see something as true, but reasoning doesn't support it? Should reason be a tool, or should it rule?

In situations like that, I'd change the object of your belief to something else and see how personal opinion changes. For example, you may see green aliens in the street as true, even though reasoning doesn't support it. You may think you have a personal relationship with an orbiting telepathic computer sent up by NASA, even though reasoning doesn't support it. If you're consistent, and apply the same level of skepticism to a god, then you may be wise to question your feelings about that too.

• Open mind
    Open mind

Add me to the list.

I'm the first to admit that my belief in a higher power is completely irrational. But it's still there.

At least the Bible God monkey is off my back.

Thank goodness.

OM

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

The mind and the heart are two different domains. What my mind makes of what my heart sees changes.

• kazar
    kazar

Count me in. I don't believe, but I want to.

• darkuncle29
    darkuncle29

Maybe, I want to say 'No', but I am am not sure of what lable to choose.

I do NOT believe in the god of the bible. Or Koran. Or Torah. In my view that is not and can not be god the creator od the universe. I don't even like the word 'god', its got too much baggage.

I do believe that the universe has a purpose, there's a point to it all, but I don't know what exactly that may be.

I believe that the universe is conscious and aware, and maybe that is what 'god' is. I believe that we are here to grow and evolve, likely there is reincarnation, and the evolving as individuals and as groups is our purpose. I think the suffering that we experience teaches us, or teaches others, how to be compassionate beings and also teaches us how to effect change in the world around us.

I think most New age stuff is just mindless fluff, but there are pieces hidden within that are of interest. For that matter I think most religions also have tiny elements of the big picture buried within.

I think that life could be just one big video game, and at the end, 'god' or who ever greets us and says 'awesome game, what did you learn, want to go again?'

I'm not set in stone about any of this, and I'm not interested in packaging this for resale.

• 5go
    5go

I am a Atheist but believer at heart.

Believer in what is more of the question for me. The Abrahamic faiths seem untenable to me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit