Update on last nights dinner.

by myababes 5 Replies latest jw friends

• myababes
    myababes

Hello everyone

thanks to everyone for thre good advice I got for last night.

However OMG, the husband is more of an apostate than I am!!!!!! It didn't take long for the conversation to get round to religion brought up by themselves and they really let flow. how unhappy they were with a lot of the teachings, how it was a manmade org, and they were only in it because they wanted to serve Jehovah and Jesus, and he sounded like one of us talking when he listed the research he had done on the dates, generation, paedophiles, GB, BOE and everything else we question. The final icing on the cake was when he asked me if I had read COC and said he had read it and thought it was excellent.

His wife is not quite as hardcore as him but i asked her if he stopped going would she and she replied Yes she would. I asked her why and she said that she respected what he said and supported him even though she didn't agree 100% with all he said they were a family( a realLy strong family unit they spend a lot of time with their children doing things) and that this would not be the case if they were divided so she would leave also.

They were lots of other things he said re how he has been treated in the cong( has been treated appallingly and he s a genuinely kind considerate person who truly is a christian personality) but for privacy for him i won't go into and I actually thinks he reads on here it but needless to say I don't think it will be long before he gives up the ghost.

we did warn him though to keep all these things to himself if he wanted to remain in the cong as he would def be disfellowshipped if he spoke about them, but he is very outspoken so have a feeling he will be letting us know soon. We have agreed to go out again so will let you know the progress.

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

I can only hope that his words were genuine. If this is the case, you should be able to count on them as real friends in the future.

Funny how the worst of times often become the best of times. Well done.

• Gregor
    Gregor

So are you going to turn them in to the elders?

• Layla33
    Layla33

Sounds like a great time had by all.

Glad you could talk freely without anyone feeling like they had to tap dance around the subject.

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Hey that sounds great; congratulations to them both and I hope that you get to keep each other as friends for life.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Anyone else wondering how many would be saying the same thing in a place they felt safe from condemnation? I bet there would be a LOT.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit