Can You Trust the Bible?

by MissingLink 18 Replies latest watchtower bible

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

Hey guys. Can anyone point me to good references on whether the bible is accurate or not. Like a rebuttal of the November 2007 Awake?

One thing I found interresting was that Herod the Great had died in 4BC (before Jesus was born).

Not looking for minutia here. Are there any BIG discrepancies?

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

Personally - I'm 99% sure the Bible is a load-o-rubbish. Or maybe just good myths.

But my wife wants to look into it a bit more. Some quick answers would be helpful. (I know I'm being lazy here - but I AM searching as much as I can).

• serotonin_wraith
    serotonin_wraith

We now know witches don't exist.

We now know humans are older than 6,000 years.

That's just two things that go against what's in the Bible.

• Awakened07
    Awakened07

There are a few sources you can research. However, it pays to listen to both sides of the argument. There are too many people who jump on anything negative about the Bible they can find, and sometimes that's doing yourself a disservice, because some of the claims can be explained by apologists, and then you may look the fool. Research both sides and arguments and keep the things you find that can't be refuted by other means than the purely supernatural. The purely supernatural can explain anything, though. *poof* - it's there. *poof* - it's not.

http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/ <--- use with caution.

I found this thread enlightening, but must confess I haven't double checked the content yet. Also - the opening post is missing a word here and there, probably because it's a copy/paste job (doesn't always work well on this forum):

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/10/92759/1.ashx

To those who want to believe though, it's all about the ever elusive 'faith'. To them, the less they know and the stronger their faith is in spite of it, the better it is.

As for the November 2007 Awake, we went through it in this thread: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/10/142851/1.ashx

• OBVES
    OBVES

Chances the Bible was compiled the way it was were smaller than someone's chances to win a jackpot with 1 to 6 000 000 000 ratio. I am giving this number purposefully to make a point no man could do it unless by God's providence.

I wrote extensively on this matter just today on this forum .Check it,please.

I am talking about the arrangement of books in the Bible . Those who compiled the Bible were rather not true christians as far as I know . I have a cut-off date: 150 AD.

Anyway those people had no idea that it would turn out the way I am presenting.

12 + 27 + 27 + 27 + 27 + 12 = 2 x 66 books in the Bible .

It is interesting that we have 66 books in King James Version from 1611 AD ( 16 ... 11 = 27 ) Because 27 came out of the date 1611 AD I would dare to say what Harold Camping who is also predicting the 2011 AD had said on His Open Forum program : King James Bible is the best - most reliable translation.

But I am going farther as any Bible is good for me to prove my teachings so any Bible has to have at least 66 books the same as in King James Version. So , I can use Vulgate to refute Roman Catholic religion and I can use King James Bible to put down all protestant religions.

Now 66 books comes from God's name numerical values . It happened accidently or incidently or for convenience that Jews put some changes to the old Hebrew alphabet and this seemingly from man's pointg of view could have devastating consequences for calculations based on Old Hebrew as given in Psalm 119 . The same problem arises as original sacred writings were lost and then translators could have numerous problems as a result.

The YHWH that had 10,5,6,5 positions in the alphabet now in our times took new values : 11,6,7,6 as a result ! This seemingly human invention with adding some symbols to the alphabet by the Jews who reject the Bible in general did not diminish the significance of the Bible ! It had the opposite effect ! 11x6 = 66 7x6=42 which represents " 7 Times "

The compilation of the Bible was put at the hands of imperfect translators who could manipulate the texts they were interpreting. To make things even more hopeless in the Old Hebrew language only consonants were used ! This made already translation of the Bible almost impossible taking numerous factors into account. The Bible seemed impossible to be accepted in view of these horrendous circumstances . How did God allow originals to be lost !

Humanly speaking the Bible could not be the Bible at all unless God Yahweh was behind the scenes and had everything under control.

And He had and the Bible with chances may be 1: 1 000 000 000 000 000 000 chances to be compiled correctly was compiled !

This already without my calculations testifies to the fact God Yahweh must exist as we have better proofs for that than any scientific proofs for anything we see in this world !

But it is not all !

How in the world those translators and those who collected the books in one whole book knew that there must be 4 books at the beginning of the Bible followed by one that summarizes these 4 books ? And then we have literally 22 books to the Book of Daniel included !

22 stands for 22-letter Hebrew alphabet . And to make it more fascinating and amazing the Book of Daniel is the 27th book in the OLd Testament .

27 stands exactly for God's name and " 7 Times" and if we know that we can decode the Bible and the whole history of mankind !

Then we have 12 books for 12 tribes of Israel or it they can also mean years -each star representing one year.

Jesus Christ is God 's Word and I put one year for him : one as the beginning and one for the end : 1878 AD and 2012 AD .

He is called the Morning Star ! So ,we can use the star as one year too.

Then we have another miraculous alignment no human at that time could do that of himself:

4 gospels and the Book of Acts that summarizes the 4 ! Then 21 letters which represent " 7 Times " also and the final book is 22nd as the 22-letter Hebrew language was ! To make it even more dramatic theBook of Revelation itself has 22 chapters that summarize God's Word ,so the Bible !

There is no other book in this world that is more reliable than the Bible is ! There is no need for scientific proofs God Yahweh exists - the Bible and the circumstances surrounding its appearance as we see today are a much better proof ! That is why most people will die as they don't use their common sense to understand that if God Yahweh exists and He intended to give us the Bible no human activity can thwart His plan .

Any Bible is good to search for the Truth .

Look to those who understand the Bible and are accepted by God Yahweh to learn from them.

1878 AD - 1879 AD - 1891 AD - 1918 AD - 1945 AD - 1972 AD - 1999 AD - 2011 AD - 2012 AD

1 12 27 27 27 27 12 1

I can sleep on this numbers ! The pattern proofs everything it speaks for itself !

• 5go
    5go

Can you trust a friend that constantly lets you down on even the simplest of things and blames your lack of faith in him as the reason he let's you down? Well can you?

I hope not!

• poppers
    poppers

OH CRAP! More numbers from OBVES! Give it a rest already.

Can anyone point me to good references on whether the bible is accurate or not.

Note the word "good" references - you don't qualify as a good reference for anyone but yourself.

• oompa
    oompa

Hell no!!! God this is soooo easy....just look at appendix 1d in the reference bible...it will tell you that apostates CHANGED the bible by removing Gods Divine name from the Christian Greek Scriptures......Are you going to trust a Bible that God lets people change? Look in the Insight book under Jehovah and it says the same thing...not and exact quote but "we find it most unusual that there are no exisiting ancient manuscripts (in the entire frikking world) that contain the divine name in the Christian Greek Scriptures".......so as it says later....."so called christians.. (apostates) must have remvoed it"....so by WTBTS standards you can not trust the bible because it has been altered by satan and his cohorts.....What else could have been changed if God cant keep his own name in the bible?....If you dont believe me......write them....I did..............................................................................oompa

• MissingLink
    MissingLink
    We now know witches don't exist.

Are there witches in the bible? I can't believe I missed that one.

• MissingLink
    MissingLink
    Look in the Insight book under Jehovah and it says the same thing...not and exact quote but "we find it most unusual that there are no exisiting ancient manuscripts (in the entire frikking world) that contain the divine name in the Christian Greek Scriptures".......so as it says later....."so called christians.. (apostates) must have remvoed it"....so by WTBTS standards you can not trust the bible because it has been altered by satan and his cohorts.....What else could have been changed if God cant keep his own name in the bible?

Oompa - That is a great argument. If god couldn't even protect his name from being removed from his book, then how can we trust that everything else didn't get changed. (this is assuming that it was at one time correct, but that's a whole other argument)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit