Divine Inspiration(?) of Scripture

by hmike 13 Replies latest watchtower bible

• hmike
    hmike

Originally, I was going to post this in my Dr. Ehrman's "Problem" Verse topic, but I didn't want to get too far off track, and this post is about divine inspiration in general, so I decided to give it a thread of its own. I welcome comments.

1. Translations are not referred to as inspired. Yet the Septuagint, the Greek translation of the Hebrew scriptures written before the time of Jesus, was quoted in the New Testament. To me, that legitimizes this translation, and since the wording in the verses is different, what does that do to the choice of words? Some people make much of the significance of the use of particular words. What should we make of it when the wording is changed and it is still considered inspired?

2. In 1 Cor. 7:10-11, Paul gives the Corinthians an instruction he states is from the Lord. Then, he follows with this in vss. 12, 13 (NIV):

To the rest I say this (I, not the Lord): If any brother has a wife who is not a believer and she is willing to live with him, he must not divorce her. And if a woman has a husband who is not a believer and he is willing to live with her, she must not divorce him.

Here he makes it a point of letting the reader know that this instruction comes from him, not the Lord, at least not directly. It looks like he is giving his own advice, albeit as one who is an apostle and has the Spirit of God. So this raises the question, "Is this the only instance where a writer of what was to become a Biblical text has included a personal instruction or piece of advice (i. e., something from the writer, not from God)?" Does this present a problem for someone who considers all the texts to be words from God (rather than words approved by God)?

3. No place in the Gospels is Jesus quoted as saying anything like, "Write these things down." There is no evidence that Jesus instructed his words or actions on earth to be recorded for any reason. (I think it is only in Revelation that the hearer is instructed to write). The apostles were told to teach others, and Jesus said his words would never pass away, but not specifically by writing.

If a Gospel writer had included an instruction he received from Jesus to write, wouldn't that give a lot of support to his account? Plus, we would especially expect the words to be accurate and authoritative. Instead, it appears that writing down the accounts was spurred by necessity and expediency. Paul indicated why he wrote his letters: he wanted the churches to have his instruction and encouragement when he could not be present, and the word could have a wider audience. Those reasons probably figured into the writing of the Gospels, along with the fact that the apostles were dying off and original teaching needed to be preserved, especially in view of the introduction of new, variant teachings. Only in the introduction of Luke and near the end of John do the writers state their motivations, and in neither case is it stated to be commanded by the Lord.

So, it appears that the actions of recording, preserving, and canonizing the scriptures were human-based to save and pass on what were considered sacred teachings and history. What are we to make of this?

• OBVES
    OBVES

Note I am not specifying which version of the Bible one must use as to me any translation of the Bible is OK !

But the old version King James Bible seems to be the best to use and it is the Bible I have not translated and I would undermine the views King James had using his Bible.

The poof we are to rely the Bible is in the numbers ! By numbers I have proved God Yahweh exists ,the Bible is for our times and we live in the end-times and whose religion God Yahweh accepts today and who can make the predictions of the end of the world.

God's name in numerical setting today is like 11,6,7,6 in place of 10,5,6,5 .

YHWH -these four letters representing the name of God are a clue to the understanding.

They were in Psalm 119 in this order : Y-10th letter, H-5th letter ,W-6th ,H-5th 10+5+6+5 = 28

Now in view of pure human changes in the Hebrew alphabet we have 11,6,7,6 .

11x6 = 66 7x6 = 42

66 is the number of the books each Bible must have at least and these must be the identical books.

42 is easily recognized as " 7 Times" = 42 years 7 weeks = 7 times 7 = 42 years + 7 years = 49 years = 49 days

As I have established we have the end-time era now and it began in 1878 AD.

1878 AD - 1879 AD - 1891 AD - 1918 AD - 1945 AD - 1972 AD- 1984 AD - 2011 AD - 2012 AD

These are dates related to true worshippers of God Yahweh in the end-times.

What we see here is the amazing time gaps between the dates given:

1 + 12 + 27 + 27 + 12 + 1 ! The perfect alignment that shows God Yahweh had hand over our times ! He must exist and the Bible must be truly from Him !

Jesus is the Word of God = the beginning and the end - so we ascribe the dates : 1878 AD and 2012 AD to him as they are the beginning and the end of the end-times !

So ,we have 12+27 + 27 + 12 left and it goes to the the Bible as it is also Word of God !

No human beings could set the book the Bible this way as I am presenting :

The Bible can be divided into this amazing sections :

First 4 books of the Bible + 1 book ( Deuteronomy that summarizes the 4 books ) + 22 books as there 22 letters in the Hebrew alphabet + 12 books and then we have 4 gospels + Acts as it summarizes the 4 gospels and 21 letters + the last book the Book of Revelation which is 22nd.

This pattern above is God's pattern of action ! This must be the only true God that gave us the Bible at any time and no man could change anything that could thwart God's plan in giving us the Bible . No later translations could change this wonderful plan !

So we have now :

1878 AD - one year for Christ - 1879 AD + 12 books of the Old Testament (at the end of it ) = 1891 AD

1891 AD + 5 books and 22 books of the Old Testament (remaining ) = 1918 AD

The book of Daniel is 27th ! Which is linked to " 7 Times" and he is the first one to speak about 7 Times ! And 7 Times = God's name numerical value as I have shown in my posts.

To understand the end-times we must know God's name and " 7 Times" and who is using God's name and " 7 times" ? We look for the true religion there who uses these !

Then we have 27 books for the New Testament : 1918 AD + 27 = 1945 AD

1945 AD + 27 books of the New Testament again !

1945 AD + 4 books = 1949 AD The Book of Acts : 1950 AD

1950 AD + 21 books that are letters by the apostles = 1971 AD 21 books indicative of " 7 Times " as well !

Then we have the Book of Revelation as 22nd that is indicative of the 22-letter Hebrew alphabet ! - 1972 AD

The years 1971 AD -1972 AD are years linked to my religious life ! 1950 AD I was born that year and that year stands for 70 AD.

1972 AD + 12 books of the Old Testament ( the last part of the Old Testament ) = 1984 AD

1984 AD is my date as shown in my posts . The period 1950 AD - 1984 AD covers the age of Christ when he lived on this earth .

1984 AD + 27 books of the Old Testament ( the first part ) = 2011 AD

The general time view of the Bible is :

Old Testament 12+27 or 27+12 . New Testament 27* .

1879 AD + 12 + 27 + 27* = 1945 AD 1945 AD + 27 + 12 + 27 = 2011 1945 AD + 27 + 27 + 12 = 2011 AD

Note all variations applicable : three types 12 on left , 12 in the middle and 12 at the end : 1999 AD + 12 years = 2011 AD

Who are you man to doubt God's perfect plan to give us the Bible ! No human at any time could mess up the Bible !

• OBVES
    OBVES

1878 AD - 1879 AD - 1891 AD -1918 AD -1945 AD -1972 AD -1984 AD - 2011 AD - 2012 AD

1 12 27 27 27 12 27 1

But the best without the shadow of a doubt is this one showing the best pattern :

1878 AD - 1879 AD - 1891 AD - 1918 AD - 1945 AD - 1972 AD - 1999 AD - 2011 AD - 2012 AD

1 12 27 27 27 27 12 1

1- for Jesus Christ 12 + 27 and 27 + 12 for the Old Testament books

27 and 27 in the middle twice for the New Testament : 1918 AD -1945 AD-1972 AD

The Great Spiritual Tribulation ended in 1999 AD - Matthew 24.29

And we have 12 symbolic falling stars which is 12 years ; one year for each falling star.

1999 AD + 12 years = 2011 AD

We can see a period of 120 and 121 years reminiscent of Noah's days : Genesis 6.3 ; 7;8

1891 AD + 120 years = 2011 AD 1891 AD + 121 years = 2012 AD

• Honesty
    Honesty

I see someone gave you a flamethrower so you could burn your way out of the door of your rubber room that I super glued shut and you managed to get your hands on a genuine Mayan Calendar..

Therefore, I'm changing brands of glue.

BTW, how many tubes of super glue will it take to permanently bond your doorway?

I figure that your door is 72" x 36" with a perimeter of 240" and a regular sized tube of super glue is effective for 1 square foot of space.

Since you are so good with numbers can ya give me a figure?

Thanks.

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

OBVES......I have to admit I do give you alot of credit, for what??? I have no clue. You must have alot of time on your hands, are you retired? I, too, was born in that wonderful year, but sheesh!!! Feel free to carry on in your endeavors to please the grand creator in your youth. After all, We are still young at heart.

WOW!!! Where does he get these inspirations??? I wish I was so inspired, I'd probably write my autobiography and be sued for slander for all the REAL peoples names that I'd use.

After all, there are some really strange people in the wts. I'll include myself also..Strange..

NMG

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

hmike...........It seems as though your post has been sucessfully hijacked. Sorry friend.

Blame that other guy.

NMG

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

I don't know which drugs OBVES has taken but I sure hope it has been banned and made illegal

• Eyes Open
    Eyes Open
    So, it appears that the actions of recording, preserving, and canonizing the scriptures were human-based to save and pass on what were considered sacred teachings and history. What are we to make of this?

That the sacred teachings and history are human-based, too?

Note I am not specifying...

Shouldn't this blatantly rude behaviour be dealt with in order to stop it happening again? Not only is it idiotic; it also has no basis in scripture. No one knows the hour etc.

• hmike
    hmike

Re: OBVES

I know some people use numerology and letter spacing to find distinct, meaningful patterns in Scripture that have only been discovered since the use of computers, thereby demonstrating man could not have designed these works. That's OK with me, but I don't know enough about it to comment.

OBVES didn't address my points directly, but I appreciate the interest. I got at least one pro-inspiration reply. Also, it seems to have attracted some interest. Now if I could just get some responses along more conventional lines...

• Doug Mason
    Doug Mason

I presume you have read "The Orthodox Corruption of Scripture" by Bert Ehrman.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit