2012?

by Budda 11 Replies latest social current

• Budda
    Budda

Hi im not a JW but I was wondering what you think of the date 2012. The Mayan Calendar ends in december 2012?

• tula
    tula
    what you think of the date 2012

It's a long time to wait for a date.

If it's not by 2011, I am going to feel stood up.

• Gopher
    Gopher

Wikipedia says:

The Mesoamerican Long Count calendar forms the basis for a New Age belief, first forecast by José Argüelles , that a cataclysm will take place on or about 21 December2012, a forecast that is considered a mis-interpretation by mainstream Mayanist scholars.

I'd say the folks in Guatemala (or wherever else the long count Mayan calendar is used) will have to start over in 2013.

• poppers
    poppers

Now you've done it - OBVES will see this post and we'll be inundated with numbers proving 2012 is the end. Just wait and see. Of course you probably don't know about him yet, but you will.

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

I think the current batch of Witnesses are more focused on 2034...

• tula
    tula
    Now you've done it - OBVES will see this post and we'll be inundated with numbers proving 2012 is the end . Just wait and see. Of course you probably don't know about him yet, but you will.

Poppers....Obves calculates it at 2011.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Oh man, I must be tired. I thought it was a 2112 thread.

• poppers
    poppers
    Poppers....Obves calculates it at 2011.

Then I stand corrected. Nevertheless, he'll turn up with the "proof" of 2011.

• Satanus
    Satanus

It's just another yr. I'll be glad when it's passed, so i don't need to hear about it anymore. Who were the mayans to act as prophets, anyway? Just because they systematically studied astronomy and came to limited understand the timing of the appearances of some of the heavenly bodies, doesn't gift them w powers of prophecy. Our scientists understand a lot more than the mayan priests did.

S

• Honesty
    Honesty
    Now you've done it - OBVES will see this post and we'll be inundated with numbers proving 2012 is the end. Just wait and see. Of course you probably don't know about him yet, but you will.

Maybe not. I super glued the door of his rubber room. He'll have to use a flame thrower to get out of it now and I doubt that will happen because his caregivers don't even let him have plastic utensils to eat with.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit