REMEMBER TO PRAISE JEHOVAH

by badboy 11 Replies latest jw friends

• badboy
    badboy

THIS SONG APPEARED IN A FILM LAST NIGHT ABOUT A MAFIA MOBSTER.

• Gopher
    Gopher

What was that film's name?

• badboy
    badboy

FOUND IT;GHOST DOG;WAY OF THE SAMURAI.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I "forgot" to praise that Almighty Scumbag since June 30, 2005. And I am not about to start praising Him now.

Someone sure knows how to give some really crummy advice--evidently, the Watchtower Society isn't the only one to give pxxx poor advice.

• Gopher
    Gopher

This 1999 movie stars Forest Whitaker, who can currently be seen in "The Great Debaters".

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0165798/

Plot outline: In Jersey City, an African American hit man follows "Hagakure: The Way of the Samurai." He lives alone, in simplicity with homing pigeons for company, calling himself Ghost Dog. His master, who saved his life eight years ago, is part of the local mob. When the boss' daughter witnesses one of Ghost Dog's hits, he becomes expendable. The first victims are his birds, and in response, Ghost Dog goes right at his attackers but does not want to harm his master or the young woman. On occasion, he talks with his best friend, a French-speaking Haitian who sells ice cream in the park, and with a child with whom he discusses books. Can he stay true to his code? And if he does, what is his fate?

User comment: This new film, written and directed by [Jim Jarmusch,] the Dean of Independent film makers ("Down by Law," "Night on Earth," and "Dead Man," just to name a few of his masterpieces), is a WONDERFUL, entertaining, and powerful work about a New York City inner city young man, played marvellously by Forest Whitaker, who studies and lives the way of the ancient Samurai warriors. He has adopted the role of retainer to a minor mob boss, whose orders he carries out with flawless precision. Jarmusch once again pairs up with cinematographer Robby Muller, with the predictable result that the film is visually magnificent. In typical Jarmusch fashion, the hip hop sound track (music by RZA) is also masterful. "Ghost Dog" is exciting, emotional (even touching), engaging, and, most unexpectedly, funny.

• Dogaradodya
  • worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

Just why would I want to praise a real estate corporation??

• badboy
    badboy

btttt

• Gopher
    Gopher

You want to see something cool? Enter the words "REMEMBER TO PRAISE JEHOVAH" into the search box at www.google.com, and the first hit is this very thread!!!

• DJK
    DJK
    You want to see something cool? Enter the words "REMEMBER TO PRAISE JEHOVAH" into the search box at www.google.com, and the first hit is this very thread!!!

Wow. I wonder how many JW's/ex-JW's and non-JW's will find this site now? DJK

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit