Can I have an a la carte' baptism?

by DJPoetech 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DJPoetech
    DJPoetech

Can I receive a proper baptism by one church in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit and then determine where I would like to go for fulfilling fellowship. Or do I have to get baptised each time I settle into a new location or go to a new church.

I would love to have something that will provide me a baptism and communion only deal with no strings attached. Give me my certificate of baptism and I'll be on my way. Let the holy spirit be with you.

• Open mind
    Open mind

DJPoetech said:

Give me my certificate of baptism and I'll be on my way.

That gave me quite a chuckle. Not with the JWs. They are the religious equivalent of The Hotel California.

You can check out any time you like. But you can never leave.

Keep on moving my friend.

Open Mind

• tula
    tula

If you have been baptised in a church and wish to go to a different church (even if it is the same denomination) you will need to formally request to "move your letter". Should you fail to do this, the new chruch will never recognize you formally as a member, and you will get letters from your "old" church reminding you that they have not received any tithes from you. Then, they may start sending you a "church newsletter" to make you want to come see your old friends again.

• avishai
    avishai

Ok, as an ordained minister in not one, but two churches, I think we can get you covered...go hop in the tub, or even splash yourself in the sink, in the name of whatever you want. Then, go to the xtian bookstore and buy a baptismal certificate that you like. Or print one off the net. Or have a friend get ordained here, www.ulc.org and do it/fill out the certificate for you.

• DJPoetech
    DJPoetech

I know it seems a little funny but when you think about it, deciding to get baptised is really a relationship confirmation between you, God, Jesus and the holy spirit. All churches should be of the mind to take care of Jesus little sheep and feed them not qualify them under there own membership rules. Or am I off base? Wouldn't this would open opportunities to learn and associate with any religious organization that may respect those same tenets?

• bite me
    bite me

A lot of churches recognize my family and I (those outside of the JW) . I've been baptised by one and leave my info there. No one really minds. I get info from all. :-)

• oompa
    oompa

As far as eternal importance matters, every time you bathe, you are ok......show me different from the bible........oompa.....chill

• tula
    tula

What must I do (prerequisites) to be baptised?

Do different churches have different requirements?

Are their any scriptural requirements to fulfill before you can be baptised?

• oompa
    oompa

It does not matter a gopher in a hellhole..........................................oompa

• Gopher
    Gopher

Oompa, did you call me?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit